You give more, you want more
worked hard and now you're looking for a career that's as rewarding as
it is challenging. Ameriprise Financial is a great place to find just
that. With our corporate headquarters in Minneapolis and offices
nationwide, we're America's largest financial planning company¹ yet
we're also a supportive nationwide family of financial professionals.
We're proud to be ranked as one of the "Best Places to Launch a Career"
by BusinessWeek magazine.²
You provide the initiative; we provide
the support to help you succeed. Thrive in our diverse and inclusive
environment with award-winning training,³ career development and 360°
support guided by accessible leaders. If you're talented, driven, and
ready to join a team of professionals who work every day to help their
clients plan for and achieve their dreams, you're ready for a career at
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer.
Based on the number of financial plans annually disclosed in Form ADV,
Part 1A, Item 5, available at adviserinfo.sec.gov as of Dec. 31, 2008,
and the number of CFP® professionals documented by the Certified
Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc.
² BusinessWeek magazine, September 4, 2008.
³ DALBAR Financial Intermediary Post-Sale Service Award 2007.
Develop, manage and implement communications plans
- Work with business partners to understand objectives, desired results.
- Draft communications plans and review with stakeholders, building in the end-to-end experience.
Create innovative communications tactics to drive business results in
alignment with the overall enterprise editorial strategy.
- Write, edit and coordinate communications to field members and employees.
- Provide comprehensive project management.
- Coordinate with Experience & Delivery team on the audience experience.
Provide communications consulting
- Build relationships with leaders, business partners and other stakeholders.
- Assess business needs/challenges.
- Contribute to enterprise editorial strategy.
- Help simplify and streamline messages/approach.
- Proactively identify opportunities to help business partners achieve their goals and create an optimal audience experience.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of communications in meeting the needs of our audiences.
- Participate in decision-making and help anticipate unintended consequences.
- Influence, write and edit business-as-usual communications.
- Contribute to various newsletters and e-magazines.
- Manage miscellaneous communications projects for the department.
- Minimum of three years experience in communications or related field.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong writing, editing, project management, interpersonal and decision-making skills
- High proficiency in Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to think strategically, navigate complex situations, and influence people at various levels of the organization.
- Proactive approach and creative problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as an effective team member.
- Understanding of financial services.
- Undergraduate degree preferred in communications, journalism, English or equivalent related work experience.
Apply online now.