You give more, you want more
worked hard and now you're looking for a career that's as rewarding as
it is challenging. Ameriprise Financial is a great place to find just
that. With our corporate headquarters in Minneapolis and offices
nationwide, we're America's largest financial planning company¹ yet
we're also a supportive nationwide family of financial professionals.
We're proud to be ranked as one of the "Best Places to Launch a Career"
by BusinessWeek magazine.²
You provide the initiative; we provide
the support to help you succeed. Thrive in our diverse and inclusive
environment with award-winning training,³ career development and 360°
support guided by accessible leaders. If you're talented, driven, and
ready to join a team of professionals who work every day to help their
clients plan for and achieve their dreams, you're ready for a career at
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer.
Based on the number of financial plans annually disclosed in Form ADV,
Part 1A, Item 5, available at adviserinfo.sec.gov as of Dec. 31, 2008,
and the number of CFP® professionals documented by the Certified
Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc.
² BusinessWeek magazine, September 4, 2008.
³ DALBAR Financial Intermediary Post-Sale Service Award 2007.
a member of the Experience & Delivery team, the web design
specialist is responsible for designing engaging graphic and interactive
elements, publishing and maintenance of content on the Ameriprise
Financial advisor and employee portals, and execution of email-based
communications to our internal audiences.
Using a content management system and HTML skills to create and
maintain content on field and employee web portals, along with the
following; 1. Partnering with the communications Experience team to
translate business needs into engaging solutions. 2. Leveraging
to develop custom treatments, sections and pages.
portal admin tasks, including maintenance of site navigation,
development of page templates, and management of permissioning groups.
- Preparing and conducting QA on email communications managed by Corporate Communications.
- 3+ years of web development and/or web content management experience
- Solid understanding of user experience/usability best practices
- Ability to rapidly master and adapt to new online systems and tools
- Self-starter with strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to own and deliver work independently and also to work within a team on shared tasks
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to build relationships and communicate clearly with both business and technology partner
- Experience with Oracle’s UCM or other web content management systems desirable
- Prior experience with Liferay or other web portal platforms preferred
- An understanding of the financial services industry is desired but not necessary