This position is responsible for all strategic communications for the organization, including marketing and public relations, using all relevant channels. This position directs The Cowles Center voice and branding, and executes strategies to achieve earned revenue goals and build audiences. The Director leads or supervises the development of communications across all departments and manages media relations and publications.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate earned revenue including
memberships, single tickets and group sales.
- Develop all pricing, packaging and
- Build, analyze, and exploit the
- Manage The Cowles Center brand
(including all graphical standards).
- Create and implement an advertising
- Secure media sponsorships.
- Administer the marketing budget.
- Lead communications and public
relations efforts for the organization, creating and maintaining
favorable relationships between the organization and stakeholders
through internal (e.g., publications, website, social media) and
external (e.g., mainstream media, bloggers, online outlets)
- Supervise a full-time staff of two
(Marketing Associate and Box Office Manager), as well as freelance
graphic designers and publications editors.
- Responsible for organizational
publications, including programs, monthly e-newsletters and
- Develop collateral materials for
all departments within the organization.
- Fulfill requirements for
recognition for individual, corporate and foundation sponsors.
The successful candidate will have a college or graduate-level degree in marketing, communications or arts administration. Several years of performing arts experience is preferred. Specifically, the ideal candidate will:
- Possess a minimum of five years’
experience in marketing and communications.
- Have experience hiring, working
with, and managing vendors, such as web developers, writers, graphic
artists, proofreaders and printers.
- Have demonstrated success in brand
strategy and implementation.
- Possess experience with marketing
planning and tactics, such as advertising, campaign development and
execution, and promotions.
- Be a highly creative and strategic
thinker with a proven track record in creating and executing
campaigns that generate sales and maximize return on investment.
- Possess a strong point of view
about how to market a diverse season of dance and effectively share
that strategy with the staff and Board.
- Have a strong understanding of
electronic and interactive media, and the ability to create and
implement creative campaigns and tracking through social media.
- Possess exceptional oral and
written communication skills.
- Be able
manage multiple projects, respond to changing demands and
priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Build confidence and rapport among
colleagues and stakeholders.
- Exhibit a creative, collegial, and
collaborative work style and a close attention to detail.
To Apply: To apply, submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org by August 19.