A newly created Communications Specialist position is needed to strengthen our brand voice and help the community understand that what makes a program worth administering, a service worth receiving, or a price worth paying is the achievement of outcomes that show persons with disabilities and society as a whole are better off for the services having been provided.
The Communications Specialist is responsible for planning and executing multimedia communications for the agency including:
- Creating and updating agency website content; creating content for and managing the agency's internal quarterly newsletter; managing content for social media including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, etc.; and creating content for and managing the agency e-newsletter for external audiences;
- Collaborating with other team members to create and manage content in support of volunteerism, fundraising, and self-advocacy;
- Coaching and mentoring persons with developmental disabilities on the messaging used in their self-advocacy activities;
- Conducting community and media outreach to increase awareness for programs and services; and
- Tracking web and social media analytics using tools such as Google analytics and Facebook insights, and providing monthly updates and recommendations.
A Bachelor's degree or equivalent degree in journalism, public relations, marketing, communications or related disciplines with at least two years related experience is desired;
Experience in a nonprofit setting is highly desired;
Personal/professional experience interacting with people with developmental disabilities is preferred;
Proficient in MS Office, CMS software such as Joomla, Drupal, or Wordpress or a similar tool, and email marketing software such as Constant Contact or a similar tool;
Demonstrated use of social media for non-profits with knowledge of video production and photography for use in a multi-media environment; and
Must pass a motor vehicle record (MVR) check, criminal background check, and drug screen.
This part-time position works 20 hours per week and earns $21.00 per hour. It is not eligible for benefits.
When applying for this position, please include a letter of interest, a resume, and two published writing examples.
The deadline for indicating interest in this position is August 12, 2011.
To apply for this position please contact:
Jane Peltier - Human Resources Director
3210 Labore Road
Vadnais Heights, MN 55110