Contribute and further MOCA’s mission:
- To create an awareness regarding early warning signs that may be indicative of ovarian cancer.
- To create and promote resources for support, networking and education for women diagnosed with ovarian cancer and their families.
- To unite and educate individuals, the medical community and organizations to achieve earlier diagnosis, better treatment and a cure for ovarian cancer.
- To advance ovarian cancer research toward earlier diagnosis, better treatment, and a cure.
The Marketing and Public Relations Manager is responsible for planning, executing and evaluating effective communication strategies to advance MOCA’s mission .The Marketing and Public Relations Manager will work to ensure our messages are conveyed to our multiple target audiences and is responsible for significant external interaction with MOCA and the community. It is critical that this position represent MOCA professionally and with an emphasis on MOCA’s mission, programs, services, events and support to women with ovarian cancer. In addition to the key responsibilities listed below, the position will be responsible for other duties as assigned.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Nurture, develop and maintain strong local media relationships.
- Spearhead multi-media public education campaigns to extend the impact of our mission
- Work with local regional and national press to pitch stories, op-ed articles and identify other opportunities to enhance MOCA’s visibility
- Develop media and marketing plans for all special events, including but not limited to: Silent No More Walk Run for Ovarian Cancer, Molly Cade Memorial Golf Tournament, Mid Summer Night’s Gala and others
- Coordinate all press work for MOCA; write and disseminate press releases, media advisories and memos and serve as liaison between reporters and producers and MOCA spokespeople.
- Conduct press outreach in collaboration with third party fundraisers
Messaging, Branding and Content Development
Oversee content for all MOCA materials: educational, organizational and event related
Responsible for varied and integrated communications products and services including; newsletter and other print publication, web, e-news and other online communications,
- Develop and implement external communications for all special events, including content for event brochures, programs, invitations, community advertising and PSAs.
- Develop and implement internal communications of events to MOCA members, utilizing the newsletter, MOCA website and targeted mailings
- Develop content and edit materials for e-blasts, brochures, symptom cards, annual reports, website updates, event & program informational pieces, and other items as assigned.
- Develop dynamic content for MOCA’s website, Twitter and Facebook accounts
- Work with web team on content management
- Develop online activism campaigns and other web organization campaigns
- Develop schedule, content and edit materials for e-blasts
Health Education Outreach
- Create, maintain and utilize a speaker’s bureau
- Develop a marketing plan to reach target audiences with primary messages
- Develop materials and methods to publicize MOCA’s educational and support programs
- Work collaboratively with other MOCA staff, board, interns and volunteers
- Manage relationship with pro bon PR firm and other communications assets
- Manage communications intern
- BA/BS degree in marketing, communications, public relations or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years experience, implementing effective communications initiatives and demonstrated media relations competency
- Experience working with the press and designing and implementing communication strategies
- Proficiency in Adobe inDesign and Wordpress
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Previous nonprofit experience strongly desired
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and work autonomously.
- Personal Leadership – Moves others to take actions through influence and negotiation, willingness to bring up difficult issues, demonstrates personal courage, gains the respect of others, provides enthusiastic encouragement and recognition of volunteers and fosters teamwork.
- Communication – Demonstrates knowledge of the importance of effective and timely communication, keeps others well informed, possesses skill in communication planning and implementation and exhibits effective personal communication skills in the areas of listening, speaking, presenting and writing.
- Project planning and implementation - Demonstrates effective time management, ability to prioritize and organize, driven to results, sound problem analysis as well as judgment/decision making, tenacity, operates proactively rather than reactively, understands and has a sense of urgency and offers creativity.
- Interpersonal effectiveness – Interacts effectively with others including diverse audiences, builds strong relationships and works collaboratively.
- Strong commitment to MOCA mission and members.
Additional position information:
- Position reports directly to the Executive Director.
- This position is part time (20 hours per week). There is some flexibility with regard to hours worked. Evening and weekend hours are required at times.
- Position is classified as regular, non-exempt.
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Please, no phone calls.