- Work closely with the Marketing & Communications Director, and entire staff, to implement the overall organizational marketing and communications strategy for the organization.
- Implement marketing tactics determined through the planning process for individual products and services (and/or coach/support other staff who are implementing) to ensure effective cross-promotion.
- Write copy for newsletters, websites, case studies, and other marketing collateral.
- Write and/or distribute press releases, make media contacts, and update media lists.
- Collaborate with internal resources to develop presentation materials and other external-facing marketing materials.
- Implement email and social media campaigns.
- Track measures of success for individual campaigns, and support the Director in tracking other metrics for the department.
- Maintain marketing collateral and exhibit materials inventory, manage a marketing calendar of events, create packages for conferences, meetings, general info packets, and other opportunities.
- Provide general editing and proofreading support, using NYLC’s style guide and standards.
- Track marketing budget expenditures, create purchase orders and check requests.
- Minimum two years’ experience in marketing, communications, PR, or related field preferred.
- Experience working with media preferred.
- Experience in carrying out brand strategy.
- Experience with writing for a variety of media.
- Experience in carrying out social media campaigns.
- Familiarity with AP and APA style.
- Understanding of web statistics and media tracking and reporting.
- Ability to work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds, and with young people.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Flexibility regarding responding positively to changing demands and priorities.
- Excellent written communication and editorial skills.
- Strategic thinker, strong work ethic, commitment to the mission of NYLC.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint on a PC platform.
To Apply: Submit a cover letter including where you heard about the position, resume, and two writing samples by Wed., July 27 to: firstname.lastname@example.org.