Purpose is to provide
the student with a broad look at the communications needs of a major
corporation and opportunities to support staff with writing for
publications, coordinating projects and assisting in the planning and
implementation of special events.
The intern will assist on
several tactical communications projects: internal web migration
upgrade, digital asset management project, and company XcelTV
Part-time academic internship position to
start this semester (2-3 days or 16-24 hours per week). Candidates
selected for an interview will be asked to provide writing samples. This
internship may extend through next summer, based on performance and
At Xcel Energy, our customers' quality of life
depends on the energy we provide. Every time they flip a switch or turn a
dial, they tap into the energy of over 12,000 people working to make
life better. As a leading combination electricity and natural gas
energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of
energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9
million natural gas customers.
Xcel Energy has become a leader in
the energy industry by demonstrating excellence in environmental
performance. Our environmental commitment includes improving air
quality, conserving resources, harnessing renewable energy, and
protecting wildlife and habitats.
Xcel Energy's vitality comes
from our people. It takes professionals in engineering, customer
service, linemen, marketing and sales professionals, energy traders,
mechanics, finance and accounting professionals and many others to power
- Current student, Junior (third year) or higher majoring in communications, journalism, public relations or related degree.
- Only current students will be considered (please, no recent graduates).
- Minimum 3.2 GPA required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work on a project team.
- Must have good skills in MS Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Candidates selected for an interview will be asked to provide writing samples.
Apply online now.