Overview: Haberman is a Minneapolis-based media and marketing firm whose mission is to discover, develop and tell the stories of pioneering organizations and individuals who make the world a better place. We seek a designer who can enhance our storytelling processes through compelling, information-driven visuals that advocate for our clients and educate their audiences. This individual will collaborate with our other designers and work closely with Haberman’s interactive team.
- Support all areas of the design process – from research, initial concepts and sourcing materials to concept development and final production.
- Develop and execute design projects – from print collateral to logos and identity systems to Web-related projects (e.g., Web site development, online campaigns, etc.).
- Implement copy changes within designs, make design revisions and perform production tasks using existing style guidelines.
- Work with clients, account directors and project managers to ascertain needs to develop creative directions, concepts and specifications to meet client objectives and budgets.
- Prepare design elements for client presentations.
- Manage relationships with freelance partners, as needed, to complete clients projects.
- Maintain a working knowledge and proficiency of all technical aspects of development and production of creative solutions.
- Maintain a working knowledge of professional standards for trademark development, intellectual property rights, usage rights for photography, illustration and other materials.
- Collaborate with Haberman’s Visual Storytelling team members to develop designs that advocate for our clients, and persuade and educate their audiences.
- 3-5 years of agency design experience
- Knowledge of design principles and best practices
- Developed design skills with the ability to work on a wide range of projects
- Knowledge of printing and or reproduction process and techniques
- Understanding of the value of design within a business context
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively in an ever-changing and collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Intellectual curiosity
- Proficient in Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign
- Experience in web and digital design (e.g., flash, etc.)
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to collaborate with, and give clear direction to, other members on the Haberman team
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication and presentation settings
- Healthy sense of humor and out-of-bounds creativity
Contact: Send resume to Stacy Helseth, 612-338-3900, email@example.com