SummaryThis position is responsible for assisting the Public Relations Coordinator and the Marketing and Communication Department in the daily operations and activities of Ordway Center for the Performing Arts. Internship is available for credit based on your institution’s guidelines. Assessment by Ordway and Universities provided at the end of fall and spring terms and at completion of the internship.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Research and maintain online and print calendar listings.
- Read and compile press clips into comprehensive reports.
- Prepare targeted media lists and maintain an updated media contact file.
- Prepare or assist in preparation of public relations materials, including but not limited to: press releases, media alerts and press kits.
- Assist Public Relations Coordinator and Creative Department in oversight of program magazines for Ordway events.
- Assist in research, drafting and editing of Ordway marketing materials including brochures and newsletters.
- Assist in updating sections of Ordway’s website.
- Maintain responsibility for show-related requests including car rentals and b-roll distribution.
- Assist in coordinating media previews, visits and interviews by make various phone calls for research, follow-ups and confirmation.
- Assist in opening night press preparations.
- Perform and assist Public Relations Coordinator in other duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
Major or Focus in public relations, journalism, marketing, or equivalent is required.
Previous internship experience in public relations, marketing/advertising or equivalent preferred. Prior clerical or administrative support experience in a non-profit, education or cultural environment a plus. Previous knowledge of AP Style preferred.
Skills, Knowledge, Ability
Excellent writing, verbal, proof reading, editing, phone and organizational skills necessary. Polished communicator. Flexible team player. Self-motivated, detail-oriented individual with strong interpersonal skills, customer service orientation, excellent phone manner and communication skills, ability to prioritize and work well under pressure and to deadline. Computer aptitude required, with Microsoft Office experience preferred.
Hone your skills in a nationally recognized performing arts center. Develop media contacts in local, regional and national community. Attend Ordway Center performances and events free of charge, on a space available basis. Utilize the internship site as a case study for course projects and final paper.
Computers, printers, telephone, calculator, fax machine and other general office equipment.
Apply online now.