VEECorporation, a leading producer of live family entertainment including “Sesame Street Live,” is seeking a Publicist in the Sales & Marketing Department.
The Publicist works as a positive team member under the direction of the Publicity Manager to develop, execute and generate effective publicity coverage to promote VEE’s touring productions. Requirements include excellent verbal/written communication skills, time management and organizational skills, and meticulous attention to detail. The Publicist collaborates and supports the department to meet sales goals, and performs assigned tasks and monitors deadlines with minimal supervision.
Primary Objective of Position
Works as a positive team member under the direction of the Publicity Manager to develop, execute and generate effective publicity campaigns for VEE's touring productions and, as assigned, support special PR projects for VEE Corporation.
Major Areas of Accountability
- Collaborate and coordinate with fellow members of the Sales & Marketing team to support all aspects of VEE's marketing efforts.
- Conduct all publicity activities for assigned tour markets.
- Coordinate publicity assignments between tour management, internal stakeholders, and the media.
- Cultivate and sustain effective, positive relationships with media, venues, promoters, company managers and performance directors.
- Compile, update and maintain media lists.
- Compile and write biographies of performers as assigned by supervisor
- Update and maintain publicity clip file
- Publicize special events; support cast appearances and publicity seminars; develop/write publicity material
- Additional tasks and duties as assigned by supervisor, including but not limited to willingness to do media interviews/community appearances in character costumes, and also as tour spokesperson.
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Professional presentation overall, and in personal demeanor
- Ability to conceive and generate story ideas
- Ability to perform assigned work responsibilities under minimal supervision
- Collaborative and supportive team member
- Excellent organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
- General publicity/media knowledge
- Time management skills; deadline-oriented
- Occasional weeknight and weekend work activities/assignments
VEE Corporation, located in a prime downtown office space, provides a professional work environment with 35 hour work week. Please email resume and cover letter along with salary expectations to Brandi at email@example.com or mail to VEE Corporation, 800 LaSalle Avenue, Suite 1750, Minneapolis, MN 55402. Visit our website at www.vee.com. EEO employer.