At St. David's Center, our mission is to build relationships that nurture the development of every child and family. Based in the West Metro, we serve more than 2,500 children, adults and families each year. Currently, we are looking a temporary Marketing & Communications Assistant. This position offers opportunities to:
- Broaden your experience in marketing, communications, public relations, social media, and execution of special events
- Work in a dynamic team setting
- Develop experience in a non-profit setting
The Marketing & Communications Assistant will:
· Assist in the execution of program-specific marketing efforts including advertising, social media, website and print materials
· Assist with creating and distributing email campaigns and online surveys through Constant Contact
· Conduct interviews and write stories for quarterly agency e-newsletters
· Compile information, create and distribute weekly online staff newsletters
· Manage and develop monthly News & Events e-newsletters for families
· Conduct research on target audiences, referral sources, community partners, competitors, SEO and advertising outlets
· Assist with agency Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn accounts, creating content, calendars, policies and creative campaigns
· Assist with public relations efforts such as writing press releases, researching media outlets, conducting media outreach, coordinating speaking opportunities and tracking media coverage
· Assist with promotion and execution of the annual Gala
· Create and distribute communication for small event promotion including community lectures, program events and family outings
· Provide administrative support to the Community Relations team
- Bachelor's in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or related field required
- One year field experience; demonstrated experience in writing, oversight and production of communications materials, marketing and promotions.
- Proficient in Office Suite, experience in Adobe InDesign, and Photoshop.
- Familiarity with social media outlets and web-based programs.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to manage a project with goals and deadlines a must
Hours are flexible, 15 hrs/week, temporary status; October 2011-May 2012.
Submit applications at www.stdavidscenter.org/employment.