The Minnesota Historical Society seeks applicants for a Digital Marketing & Social Media Specialist to communicate about the Society’s Legacy Amendment projects by developing and implementing digital marketing, social media, and online public relations strategies. This is a full-time, project position working 1,664 annual hours located a the History Center in St. Paul, MN working through June 30, 2012. Renewal is dependent upon available funding and program need.
- Develops, implements, and coordinates digital communications, social media and public relations strategies using platforms like Facebook, Twitter, e-newsletters, blogs, mobile applications and MHS websites to communicate about the Society’s Legacy programs;
- Develops, implements, and coordinates communications and promotional strategies to drive attendance to MHS Legacy-funded events and programs and to raise awareness of the Society’s Legacy programs;
- Develops and manages email marketing strategies to enhance and grow audiences;
- Participates as a leader and collaborator on the Society’s Social Media Team to enhance communication about Legacy projects, coordinating, prioritizing, measuring and creating communication tactics that support the Society’s mission, brand and priorities; and
- Researches, designs, and manages performance management for digital marketing and communications strategies.
- B.A. degree in marketing, public relations or related field with five years experience developing and implementing digital marketing strategies or equivalent OR an advanced degree plus three years program experience or equivalent.
- Knowledge and experience in developing and managing effective promotional and communications strategies through e-mail newsletters, online advertising, blogs, podcasts, and social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr, etc.
- Experience coding HTML and CSS to the degree required to modify templates for communication tools like e-newsletters.
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop or a comparable photo manipulation program.
- Knowledge of online tools used to increase and measure brand awareness. Examples include Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Search Engine Marketing (SEM), and Google Analytics.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to communicate clearly and effectively with audiences, suppliers, team members and senior management.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines, communicate effectively, develop and implement creative solutions, analyze results and serve as a collaborative team member and self-starter.
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and professionals from historic sites, education, exhibits, development, membership, government liaison, museum collections, library and archives, publications, visitor services and enterprise technology.
- Previous experience managing communications strategies for diverse audiences.
- Functional knowledge of the types of tools Web developers and designers use to produce accessible, rich, multimedia, interactive application.
- Technical experience with content management systems and frameworks including Drupal, MediaWiki, and similar technologies.
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative analysis of marketing and communications campaigns.
- Functional knowledge of mobile delivery platforms for marketing.
- Previous experience in nonprofit, educational or cultural institutions.
Salary: $20.02 hourly minimum.
Application Deadline: Must be received or post-marked no later than November 7, 2011.
To Apply: Send an MHS application, cover letter, and resume to: Minnesota Historical Society, Human Resources Department, #896 Digital Marketing & Social Media Specialist position, 345 Kellogg Blvd W, St Paul MN 55102. To be considered an applicant, you must submit all requested materials. If you fail to do this, your application materials will not be accepted and your materials will be returned. If submitting materials for more than one position, provide an MHS application, cover letter and resume for each position. Applicants who are offered employment will be subject to passing a background check as a condition of employment. For an application, see our website at www.mnhs.org/about/jobs or call MHS Job Line 651-259-3181. EEO