Padilla Speer Beardsley, an integrated communications firm based in Minneapolis, is seeking a dynamic, creative and driven Director to join our Agribusiness practice. Candidates must have:
· Strong public relations experience, primarily in B2B setting and/or trade media relations.
· Successful experience in B2B program planning and execution.
· Excellent communications skills – both written and verbal.
· Proven ability to apply strategic thinking that adds value to client’s business.
· Minimum of four years’ experience leading large accounts within an agency.
· Demonstrated ability to foster innovative thinking and ideas, and to effectively manage and mentor a large team to reach higher performance levels.
· Experience leading integrated teams or participating in an integrated environment that includes social media.
· An understanding of /affinity for the agribusiness industry, or a demonstrated understanding of related markets, such as chemicals, health care or other regulated industry is highly preferred.
Key responsibilities include:
· Actively managing day-to-day agribusiness account(s), including strategic thinking, planning, budgeting, and leading account/project teams while mentoring junior staff.
· Building strong relationships with clients and industry leaders.
· Developing creative ideas, writing strategic plans and giving presentations
· Participating actively with the team, delegating work but also willing to “own” projects.
· Seeking new business and networking opportunities.
To be successful at this job, the candidate must be able to prioritize multiple demands on his/her time. She/he must be able to travel 30 to 50 percent of the time while effectively managing teams and leading clients.
This director will be expected to grow and support existing accounts by consistently delivering excellent client service, and meeting public relations challenges on time and within budget. We measure progress by client retention, revenue growth and new business development.
Padilla is a multispecialty agency, with experts in crisis/critical issues management, employee communications, investor relations, market/opinion research, marketing communications, media relations and public affairs. Our clients come from various industries, including agriculture, manufacturing, technology, consumer products, health care, retail, financial and more.
Padilla is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers an exceptional work environment and benefits. We are an employee-owned firm, which contributed to our recognition as the nation’s “Top Agency to Work For” in 2010.