This position works directly with the marketing team to implement segment marketing strategies, and promote and create awareness for United Way through general audience and donor projects/events. This position may also aid with the implementation of publicity as a complement to assigned projects.
The internship is an unpaid position, located in the Minneapolis office of Greater Twin Cities United Way.
Department: Marketing Reports to: Events Planner
Time Commitment: 10-20 hours weekly, January-May 2012. Hours are flexible (within an 8 a.m.-6 p.m. workday) and may be set around an intern’s class/work schedule. Includes some night and weekend events.
Deadline: Applications accepted through November 14, 2011.
- Assist with execution of plans for United Way events and segment-specific events.
- May assist with volunteer recruitment and management, internal and external communication, event day logistics, post-event communication and evaluation, compiling event materials and other event-related activities.
- Help develop and solicit in-kind donations. May include cold-calling, lead follow-up, tracking, contract management, recognition at and attendance at sponsored events.
- Participate in agency site visits to determine volunteer needs and create follow-up reports.
- Conduct research and development of future projects and events.
- Assist in writing communication pieces including letters, newsletters, web content, invitations, data tracking and reports.
- Assist on other marketing projects as assigned.
- Graduate with a degree, or currently enrolled in a degree program in marketing, communications, public relations or liberal arts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Event planning and management experience preferred.
- Gain valuable experience in nonprofit administration, event coordination and donor relations.
- Strengthen communication, coordination, fundraising and customer service skills.
- Gain knowledge of and experience with customer relationship software (CRM and Andar).
- Broaden knowledge of United Way, health and human service organizations, and the nonprofit community.
- Network with corporate communicators, marketing staff, and United Way donors.
- Parking reimbursement.
ApplyPlease e-mail/send cover letter and resume to:
Stacy Emond, Greater Twin Cities United Way
404 South Eighth Street
Minneapolis, MN 55404