This position works directly with United Way's online strategies team to assist with the publicity of events and announcements, in addition to other communication pieces. Other projects may also be assigned.
The internship is an unpaid position, located in downtown Minneapolis at Greater Twin Cities United Way. Will fulfill academic credit requirements if applicable.
Department: Marketing Reports to: Online Content Specialist
Time Commitment: 10-20 hours weekly, beginning January through May 2012. Hours and dates of internship are flexible (within an 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. workday) and may be set according to intern’s schedule. Hours may include some nights and weekends for events occurring during the internship.
Deadline: Applications accepted through November 14, 2011.
- Develop well-written, concise, optimized articles for United Way's website.
- Post articles and other online content using a web-based content management system.
- Assist in the promotion of upcoming events.
- Help at events in the community, including our annual campaign celebration. May include taking pictures/video, volunteering or drafting event recaps.
- Assist with social media strategy (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Enrolled in a degree program in marketing/communications, public relations, nonprofit administration or liberal arts.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with blogging software or online content management. Knowledge of basic HTML a plus.
- Knowledge of/experience with the Associated Press Stylebook.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience writing e-communications preferred.
- Strengthen skills in marketing and the growing field of online communications.
- Network with corporate communicators, marketing and social service professionals.
- Broaden knowledge of United Way, health and human service organizations, and the nonprofit community.
- Have an impact on public education and opinion regarding United Way and its role in the community.
- Parking reimbursement.
ApplyPlease send cover letter, resume and two (2) writing samples* to:
Stacy Emond, Greater Twin Cities United Way
404 South Eighth Street
Minneapolis, MN 55404
*Resumes will not be considered without writing samples.