At St. David's Center, our mission is to build relationships that nurture the development of every child and family. Based in the Twin Cities West Metro, we serve more than 2,500 children, adults and families each year.
Currently, we are looking for a Special Events Intern to be a part the Community Relations & Development Department. This position offers:
- Gain valuable event planning experience through assisting in the planning of the Annual Gala for St. David's Center this March
- Experience the multiple facets of a non-profit organization, working with the entire community relations and development team
- A member of a dynamic team that values partnership and creative ideas
- Assist in planning special events to build community among St. David's Center families
- Source event supplies and materials
- Logistic support via set up and tear down after events
- Provide assistance in planning and conducting special events that raise charitable support for St. David's Center
- Gala event logistics and day-of-set-up (must be available on March 10, 2012)
- Decoration and signage creation
- Correspondence: letters, thank you notes and special communication and special assignments as needed
- Plan and create collateral materials
- Working toward a bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communication, Public Relations, Journalism or related field
- Special event experience preferred
- Excellent organizational skills, Proficient in MS Office Suite
- The ideal candidate will have a professional presence, strong interpersonal skills and communication skills, both written and verbal and thrive in a relationship based culture.
- Must be goal oriented and deadline driven.