This position is responsible for assisting with the creation,
development, and implementation of a comprehensive integrated media
program that will enhance the image and position of the MN Department of
Veterans Affairs within the state.
- Collaborate with Communications Director and Communications
Division in planning, implementing, and evaluating interactive media
- Coordinate Department?s social media communication platforms, to include creation and update of blog(s)
- Research and provide technical and industry best practices during
new website creation phase and provide regular updates for online press
room and general website
- Provide regular analytics to evaluate interactive media strategy and performance
- Create and edit podcasts and videos for Department initiatives
- Maintain online databases and directories
- Assist with special events and communication events
- Prepare and edit media advisories, press releases, fact sheets, and press kits
- Assist with organizational aspects of the Communications Division
- Assist with basic graphic design and layout projects
*Bachelor's degree in communications, public relations, journalism, English, or a related field
*Strong writing and editing skills
*Knowledge of Associated Press Style
*Experience with photography and the creation of images designed to compliment written communications
*Experience with video and editing
*Experience in Web development and the production of Web content,
marketing materials, and collateral material that demonstrates strong
writing and editing skills
*Experience with Adobe suite programs, to include InDesign, PhotoShop and Premier Pro, or equivalent software
*Experience with SEO and SMO
NOTE: Candidates who are selected to be offered an interview will be asked to submit interactive media and writing examples.
Requires occasionally lifting such articles as file boxes and
heavier materials with help from others and/or lifting and carrying
light objects frequently. Even though the weights being lifted may only
be a negligible amount, a job is in this category may require walking or
standing to a significant degree.
Requires a Class D Driver's License: a single unit vehicle with a
gross vehicle weight of less than 26,000 pounds. This is a basic
*Considerable knowledge of journalistic principles and practices;
writing requirements for the press, radio and television or for
curriculum and educational materials;
*Time management skills;
*Knowledge of Veterans programs and Veterans issues.
How to apply:
Most State selection processes utilize a resume-based screening process.
You will be contacted by agency staff if your background best matches
the selection criteria on this job posting. To apply for this
position, click the APPLY box found at the bottom of this job
announcement. For additional information about the State?s selection
process, go to <http://www.careers.state.mn.us/job-tip>.