Reporting to the President, the Director of Communications and Marketing leads the identification, development, implementation, and evaluation of internal and external communications for Bemidji State University and Northwest Technical College.
- Develop and execute an annual work plan and longer term strategic plan for marketing, advertising, and communications for both the university and the college.
- Direct the creative functions so that the environment, culture, team, capabilities, tools, processes, expectations, work style, and other elements support the mission and goals of the university and the college.
- Set vision, drive concepts and strategies, and execute tactics through the entire creative development and comprehensive campaign(s) execution process.
- Manage marketing, advertising, and communication budget.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously,overseeing work of team members in roles of production, communications, and web content management, as well as external resources.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Five years of related experience required, including at least one year in a supervisory role.
- Master's degree preferred with an emphasis in communications, marketing, design, fine arts and/or journalism.
- Experience working with faculty and administrators at a comprehensive state university and/or college preferred.
- Applicants must be able to lawfully accept employment in the United States at the time of an offer of employment.
- Official transcript(s) must be provided to Human Resources upon hire.
- Persons providing a reference should be advised of Minnesota's open record law which can make such information available to applicants upon request.
- In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, faculty and staff driving on college/university business, who use a rental or state vehicle, shall be required to complete a Vehicle Use Agreement form and conform to MnSCU's vehicle use criteria and consent to a motor vehicle records check.
- BSU and NTC are tobacco free workplaces (see policy)
A complete application will include the following:
- Cover letter which addresses the required qualifications
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Contact information for three (3) references
- Unofficial transcript(s) of your highest completed degree
Apply online at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/bemidji/default.cfm , Application deadline: January 23, 2012,
Inquiries to: Dr. Mary Ward, Vice President for Student Development and Enrollment, Interim, 218-755-2075, firstname.lastname@example.org
Bemidji State University, a lakeside campus in northern Minnesota, engages in new worlds of thought, embraces responsible citizenship, and educates for a future that can only be imagined. Bemidji State University is a catalyst for shaping the potential of those it serves, who, in turn, shape the worlds in which they live and work. The greater Bemidji population numbers 25,000 and serves as a regional commerce and health center. We welcome 5,000 students annually. Offerings include undergraduate majors and graduate programs encompassing the liberal arts and selected professional programs. Bemidji State University is a member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System (MnSCU) http://www.mnscu.edu To learn more about our distinctive University, see our web site at: http://www.bemidjistate.edu