It is expected that this position will last approximately three months with the potential of a longer time period but not longer than six months.
- Must be at least a third-year student in an accredited journalism, English or communications program or a graduate.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Working toward an undergraduate or graduate degree in journalism, English, communications or a related field or a recent graduate of the aforementioned programs.
- Computer experience with Windows 7 programs, InDesign software, and website content management systems.
- Working knowledge of photography.
Hours: Flexible schedule, 20 to 40 hours per week, depending on availability.
Deadline: Friday, Dec. 30, at 4:30 p.m.
Applicants must provide three writing samples and transcripts.
View the full position description and job posting (55 KB)
How to Apply
The application forms are an Adobe Acrobat PDF file that can be easily read and printed, provided that you have an Acrobat Reader. You can easily download a free copy of Acrobat Reader at the Adobe website. If you have any questions, call the Administration Department at (651) 714-3500, or send us an email request at email@example.com.
To apply for this position, you must:
1. Complete the application form (seven pages) (899 KB).
2. Submit completed forms, three writing samples and transcripts before the application deadline. Mailing address:
City of Woodbury
8301 Valley Creek Road
Woodbury, MN 55125
If you prefer, you also may drop off the completed application form in the Administration Department located on the second floor of Woodbury City Hall, 8301 Valley Creek Road.