Rimage (www.rimage.com) is an established, forward-looking technology company helping organizations deliver digital content directly and securely to their customers and employees.
In support of our Web First marketing strategy, we are seeking a creative, experienced and energetic writer to be a key player on our Marketing Communications team. In this role, you will take ownership of Rimage’s brand voice, crafting the messages and content needed across a wide range of marketing vehicles to increase awareness, generate leads, and drive business.
· Research, write and edit marketing collateral, including press releases, product briefs, white papers, customer case studies and web content.
· Writing copy for a wide range of external marketing channels such as sales materials, print and online advertising, white papers, case studies, speeches, newsletters, websites, Google paid ads, social media, tradeshows, etc. Write copy for internal publications, such as presentations and training materials.
· Leverage available keyword research to optimize copy for search strength.
· Post and comment on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and/or the Rimage blog as needed.
· Interview internal and external clients to define and validate key messages for business-to-business services and consumer related products.
· Write fresh, creative copy that is clear, concise, and compelling while upholding the corporate brand.
· Present concepts and drafts of text to internal clients and stakeholders for their review. Discuss changes and feedback in order to efficiently and effectively revise copy to a final, polished state.
· Edit and proofread documents, from marketing to sales to legal jargon, for grammar, accuracy, and brand compliance.
· Vary language, style, and tone of messages based on audience, brand, key message, and marketing channel.
· Collaborate with the marketing design team, other writers, and web designers to ensure that final products meet standards for quality, effectiveness, timeliness, and brand.
· Facilitate brainstorming sessions with the team to create new brand names, slogans, and creative copy ideas.
· Review advertising trends, consumer surveys, and other research sources regarding marketing of services to determine the best way to write promotional copy.
· Read industry publications to stay abreast of industry developments and how they may affect marketing our services and brand.
· Work with external vendors if necessary in the planning and execution of creative.
· Help manage the review, approval and publication of all written materials by the Director of Marketing Communications, executives and Legal as needed.
· Enforce and refine editorial guidelines and corporate style guides for copy.
· Play an active role in other department functions and projects.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Integrity: Builds trusting relationships with others by doing the right thing and doing what he/she says he/she is going to do. The uncomplicated and uncompromising understanding of right from wrong, both publicly and privately. This position has consistency of actions, values, methods, measures, principles, expectations and outcomes. Decisions are based on what is best for the company rather than on personal gain.
· Innovation/Continuous Improvement: This position welcomes change for the opportunities it brings. Is willing to explore new possibilities and to approach issues differently. Focuses on the desire to achieve a goal rather than a fear of failure. Takes prudent but appropriate risks to accomplish goals. Looks for ways to improve current processes and/or champions new untested ideas.
· Teamwork: Takes a collaborative approach by openly discussing issues in a way that brings out the best thinking, attitude and performance in others. Establishes and maintains effective relationship. Provides and receives positive criticism and is open to other’s suggestions. Works effectively and productively with shared responsibilities. Considers the effect of decisions on other co-workers/parts of the company. Joins in, participates with enthusiasm and a positive, “can do” attitude. Fully participates and delivers previously committed projects on time.
· Excellence/Results Oriented: Willingly provides time, knowledge, skills and abilities to the tasks at hand. Understands how individual goals and accomplishments tie in and support company goals and objectives. Consistently aims to achieve maximum results and go above and beyond what is expected.
· Functional/Professional Expertise: Applies the knowledge and skills required for performing competently. Exhibits ability and/or actively seeks to learn and apply new skills. Clearly understands customer’s issues and requirements. Understands the role and responsibility of own organization within the company.
· Communication (written and oral): Expresses ideas and opinions clearly and concisely. Helps others understand what is being communicated. Projects credibility. Provides grammatically correct reports and documents. Understands the audience and how likely they are to react. Understands when written communication (i.e. emails) need to end/are appropriate and conversations (i.e. in person) need to begin/are appropriate.
· Customer Focus: Demonstrates an ongoing concern for the needs and expectations of customers and makes them a high priority. Maintains effective level of contact with both internal and external customers. Balances customer needs and organizational action when it comes to decision making.
· Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English or Communications
· Minimum 2-4 years experience in a public relations or communications role in an agency or corporate communications environment
· Background in B2B- and technology-related writing
· Intermediate Word and PowerPoint skills; Intermediate InDesign skills; basic Excel skills
· Excellent oral and written communication and organization skills
· Excellent editing and proofreading skills
· Creative and effective writer capable of producing compelling, benefit-driven communications
· Advanced ability to conceptualize and write in various styles, applying copy, content ideas, and solutions to design projects
· Ability to coordinate multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
· Highly flexible; comfortable working with ambiguity, frequently changing timeframes, and short deadlines
· Sit: Up to 2/3 of time
· Walk, stand: Up to 2/3 of time
· Lift up to 50 lb: Up to 1/8 of time
· Use hands to hold, handle or feel: Up to 1/3 of time
· Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl: up to 1/3 of time
To apply send resumes to email@example.com
Call Vicki Anderson with questions - 952-946-4525