Summit Academy OIC, a non-profit adult education and vocational training center, is seeking a temporary Special Events and Development Coordinator to work approximately 25-40 hours per week from 3/1/12 until as late as 7/1/2012. This position will be responsible for working with the Development and Marketing team to create, manage and implement several upcoming special events including the Annual Golf Classic Tournament and approx. six donor house parties; with subsequent follow up, administrative and development related communications.
The ideal candidate would have varied skills and capabilities, including the following:
- · Demonstrated event management and planning experience; additional donor development and fundraising experience is a plus.
- · Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills, with the ability to produce thorough and accurate work.
- · Handle several projects and assignments simultaneously; prioritize, multi-task and perform in high-stress/short-lead time situations.
- · Meet deadlines despite interruptions, reprioritization and/or new direction.
- · Excellent oral and written interpersonal communication skills.
- · Effectively deal with staff, volunteers and donors; different personalities and work styles.
- · Ability to work independently and demonstrate ability to make informed decisions and take bold and thoughtful initiative as required.
- · Familiarity with and use of Sage Fundraising 50 software is a plus, as is comfortable understanding and use of spreadsheets, databases and reporting tools.
- Salary is $17.00 per hour. Valid Driver’s license and clean criminal background check required. Summit Academy OIC is an EEO/AA Employer.