As an intern with the Aquatennial Ambassador Organization, you will have the opportunity to work on one of the largest community celebrations in the county, as well as one of the premiere leadership and personal development programs for young women in the State of Minnesota. You will work directly with AAO Board of Directors, AAO alumni members, the Minneapolis Downtown Council and other volunteers passionate about the festival and the ambassador programs. You will have exposure to business and civic leaders, mentors, sponsors, and highly talented professionals that will coach you and help you develop in your career.
The AAO is looking for individuals who are resourceful, adaptable, efficient, and will do whatever it takes to get the job done. Candidates must demonstrate excellent communication skills, possess a strong business acumen, and have a passion for supporting community festivals and initiatives. Interns must be able partner with others effectively to complete tasks, quickly solve problems, and brainstorm new ideas. Interns will be expected to uphold the Aquatennial brand with integrity and professionalism at all times.
The internship is unpaid, but can be used for credit toward college coursework as specified by school guidelines. Interns will be housed at the offices of Station K & Company, a Minneapolis agency which provides pro-bono services to AAO the Minneapolis Aquatennial.
Summer Internship: June 4 - August 31
Monday – Friday, Approximately 20 - 35 hours a week
- Primary role is to support AAO VP – Ambassadors
- Support Ambassador family summer appearance schedule – including RSVP for events, researching festival information, assisting with award presentation preparation, finding maps & directions, securing transportation, etc..
- Partner with Minneapolis Downtown Council to coordinate events and media appearances during Aquatennial week as needed
- Support the festival drivers and chaperones
- Assist with Ambassador family Aquatennial week logistics – transportation, hotel, food & beverage, events & appearances, etc.
- Full-time assistant and gopher for VP – Ambassadors and AAO Ambassador family during festival week (could include staying at hotel during the week)
- Aid with delivery of the new ambassadors nametags, car name magnets, hotel accommodations and orientation
- Prepare festival wrap-up materials and thank you letters as needed
- Pursuing or has received a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Marketing, Public Relations, Communications/Communications Studies, Advertising and/or Entrepreneurial Management
- If in school, must be a Junior or Senior level student in their major program
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively interact on a professional level with various stakeholders, members, sponsors and volunteers
- Attention to detail, ability to juggle multiple projects, and creative problem-solver
- Is proactive and resourceful and has the ability to work independently and also work within a team
- Passionate about community service, charity and volunteerism
- Understands the importance of Minneapolis Aquatennial, its’ history and legacy, and will represent the brand professionally and responsibly at all times
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access Database
- Must provide own laptop
- Must have a reliable form of transportation for the duration of the internship period
- Must be available for extended hours between July 10-23, 2012 during Aquatennial festival
Candidates should submit cover letter and resume by Friday, March 23, 2012 to:
Station K & Company
Candidate interviews will take place in April 2012.