Req #20892 Open January 23, 2012 – February 3, 2012
All applicants MUST submit a completed:
- City of Minneapolis application (online or paper)
You may email your resume to Daniel.firstname.lastname@example.org
RESUMES ARE NOT BEING ACCEPTED IN PLACE OF AN APPLICATION
Work as part of the Communications Department team, specifically to design and produce print, digital and interactive materials that support the City of Minneapolis organization in achieving its mission, vision and goals through effective communication.
Typical Duties & Responsibilities (including, but not limited to the following):
- Develop concepts, create layouts and produce design for a wide variety of projects in print and digital environments. This includes selecting colors, artwork, photography, type style, and other visual elements that reflect the City’s brand standard and achieve intended results.
- Work with project teams to generate ideas and determine the best visual communication strategy for specific projects.
· Coordinate on and off-site printing, defines print parameters, review printer proofs and coordinate necessary approvals before final production.
- Develop and manage City’s brand policy and graphic standards.
· Design and optimize graphics for the web (photos, banners, icons, etc.).
- Order and maintain inventory of supplies, materials and services relating to graphics from outside vendors.
- Develop templates for professional reports, presentations and other communications needs.
- Provide quick turnaround of design proposals and final art, working within brand standards, tight deadlines and within strict budgets
A bachelor’s degree in graphic design, journalism, art, English, mass communication, information design or related field.
Two years of professional experience in graphic design, presenting, and/or publishing information for print, video, multimedia and/or the web. This should include:
- Expertise in the latest version of Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and After Effects.
· Strong background in print design and production.
· An understanding of web design and basic HTML/CSS and a strong understanding of designing and optimizing graphics for the web (photos, banners, icons).
- Expert in Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and proven ability to work as part of a collaborative team.
- Experience with Dreamweaver and Flash (or developing other interactive content) is a plus.
Equivalency: A combination of education and experience may be considered, such as experience in designing for video, multimedia and/or web.
Dates: January 23, 2012 – February 3, 2012
Contact: City of Minneapolis, Human Resources
Email Address: email@example.com
Eligibility to be considered for the position will be determined by a rating of training and experience or oral examination (100%). It is very important to fully describe your education and work experience as it relates to this opening on your application form.
BACKGROUND CHECK: The City has determined that a criminal background check and/or qualifications check may be necessary for certain positions with this job title. Applicants may be required to sign an informed consent form allowing the City to obtain their criminal history and/or verify their qualifications in connection with the position sought. Applicants who do not sign the informed consent form will not be further considered for the position.