- Shoreview Website: Oversee City website including updating, maintaining and providing fresh/timely content; coordinate website changes; manage content including writing and appropriate formatting of content, information updates and graphics; recommend and implement website changes as appropriate. Coordinate website technical upgrades and navigation structure with IS Staff.
- ShoreViews (City newsletter): Coordinate content, write, proof, edit, design, produce and publish City portion of ShoreViews including writing articles about specific City programs and activities (6 issues/year).
- Write and edit articles, press releases, reports, staff reports and other materials including gathering information, conducting research and taking photos; prepare budgets.
- Work with others including City departments, media, vendors, etc; serve as in-house expert for various communications.
- Coordinate placement of information with various media outlets.
- Update information on Cable Channel 16, Electronic Display Board, Billboards and other electronic signage.
- Create and maintain a media archive of press clippings, articles, photographs, etc.
- Serve as staff liaison to the Telecommunications & Technology Committee and provide staff support (meets quarterly).
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, public relations, marketing or closely related field.
- Two years of progressively responsible experience in a position of broad communications responsibilities.
- Two years experience writing newsletters, articles and press releases.
- Two years experience in website design and maintenance.
- Proficient with basic various web, design, and graphics software.
- Valid drivers license and satisfactory motor vehicle report.
- Additional communications, web and writing experience.
- Experience with advanced web, design and graphics software
- Previous experience in city or county government setting.
- Previous experience staffing citizen committees.
Starting Wage: $22.76 per hour, plus excellent benefits.
To Apply: Must submit City application form and addendum by 4:30 p.m. on February 27,
2012 (2/27/12 postmark is acceptable). To apply print the application and addendum from our
website at www.shoreviewmn.gov or call 651-490-4610.