Reports to: Communications Supervisor
Timeframe: Late May/early June through September 3, 2012
Pay Rate: $10/hour (most weeks will be 40 hours, more during peak activity times)
Job Summary: Support State Fair public relations, marketing and media relations efforts
· Assist with generating story ideas, scheduling interviews, conducting research and answering questions for media.
· Monitor broadcast and print media coverage of the State Fair.
· Assist in producing media kit and other miscellaneous publications.
· Assist with media credentials and parking database program.
· Support vendors, exhibitors and other fair stakeholders with media relations.
· Assist with proofreading and editing written materials.
· Assist in the organization, inventory and maintenance of press clippings and database.
· Respond to guest inquiries via Fair Info e-mail.
· Complete numerous writing projects as assigned.
· Work extra daily hours and periods with no days off during peak activity times (must be available to work Aug. 18 through Sept. 3).
· Complete special projects as assigned.
· Assist in other areas of marketing division as needed.
· Assist with tasks as assigned by immediate supervisor or deputy general manager.
· High school graduate and have or are working toward a bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism, marketing, business communications or a related area of study.
· Computer skills and writing experience.
· Excellent oral and written communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
· Customer service skills.
· Valid driver’s license.
· Send a cover letter, resume, references and three writing samples in a Microsoft Word, PDF or web link format to email@example.com.
· No phone calls or walk-in inquiries will be accepted.
· We will only respond to applicants who are interviewed for the position.
· Deadline: Monday, March 12, 2012