Social Media & Marketing Intern Posting (2/17/12)
Reports to: Marketing & Communications Services Specialist
Timeframe: Late May/early June through September 3, 2012
Pay Rate: $10/hour (most weeks will be 40 hours; more during peak activity times)
Job Summary: Support State Fair public relations, marketing and guest relations efforts through social media, including Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and other sites.
· Coordinate, create and produce written material for fair’s social media sites.
· Monitor social media conversations and fair’s online social media presence.
· Produce video campaign for fair’s YouTube channel.
· Compose and produce Daily News, the fair’s internal newsletter.
· Complete miscellaneous writing projects as assigned.
· Work extra daily hours and periods with no days off during peak activity times (must be able to work Aug. 18 through Sept. 3).
· Complete special projects as assigned.
· Assist in other areas of marketing division as needed.
· Assist with tasks as assigned by immediate supervisor or Deputy General Manager.
· High school graduate and have or are working toward a bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism, marketing, business communications or a related area of study.
· Computer skills and social media experience.
· Excellent oral and written communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
· Customer service experience.
· Valid driver’s license.
· Send a cover letter, resume, references, writing samples and examples of social media usage in a Microsoft Word, PDF or web link format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
· No phone calls or walk-in inquiries will be accepted.
· We will only respond to applicants who are interviewed for the position.
· Deadline: Monday, March 12, 2012