An interactive graphic designer would be responsible for creating effective digital experiences for all target audiences. This person would understand all stages of visual and user interface design and best practices, including concepting, design and execution. Through artistic, innovative and interactive design, this position would serve to transform existing communications efforts into strong digital experiences.
This position will require the skills to not only maintain existing interactive tools, but also the vision to anticipate and recommend new interactive strategies.
It will also be important to work collaboratively with other existing internal staff and resources that are devoted to web sites, social media and video production. This requires time management skills and balancing the sometimes competing expectations of stakeholders.
Commitment – Demonstrate a commitment to Gillette’s Mission, Vision, and Principles of Care. Understand how your work is aligned to the company and department objectives and take ownership of success.
Accountability – Hold self and others accountable for actions, commitments, results and resource management. Maintains care of the work environment.
Respect – Foster a welcoming environment characterized by a high level of acceptance, cooperation, and mutual respect of individual differences. Build professional relationships with patients, families, coworkers, and others. Follow Gillette’s guidelines and Code of Conduct for resolving issues.
Excellence – Adopt practices to deliver superior clinical and non-clinical outcomes, enhance processes, and ensure excellence in daily work. Embrace change and demonstrate willingness to find and learn ways to accomplish the work.
Service – Demonstrate a passion to care for patients, families, coworkers, and others by anticipating and meeting needs.
- providing design support to writers of online e-communications and e-newsletters and other digital assets
- provide design support to interactive media specialist (i.e. design Facebook pages)
- provide design support to webmaster and digital content developer (i.e. create and microsites and interactive tools)
- assist with production of videos and provide graphic support for videos
- researching latest trends in interactive design and consistently offering new ideas, suggestions and innovations (i.e. mobile and tablet applications)
Professional Development and Quality Improvement
Participate in activities that promote professional growth and quality improvement.
Demonstrate the skills necessary for working effectively with others in a changing organization.
- Two- or four-year degree (or, strong portfolio)
- Interactive design experience, including movement design
- Strong understanding of latest web and mobile technologies/capabilities
- CMS experience
- SEO, internet marketing knowledge.
- A portfolio that contains at least 5 pieces of representative work.
- Knowledgeable in web standards and browser compatibility.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Excellent written, verbal skills
- Strong aptitude and desire for learning new skills
- Ability to complete projects within established time frames
- Passion for solving problems and communicating solutions
- Proven qualities of self-initiative, self-motivation and ability to work with people at varying levels, and as part of a team
· Health care experience
· Web design experience