We seek an Media Relations Manager who excels at engagement with traditional and digital media. This individual must expertly lead execution on consumer and B2B accounts and develop the earned media/media relations strategy for a range of clients. This individual should be both knowledgeable and curious about the practice of public relations, client management and the broader world of strategic communications. An expertise and passion for publicity is a must. Experience with tech-related businesses or finance/microfinance is a major plus.
This individual will work with cross-functional account teams to develop creative and effective campaigns and accompanying earned media strategies that benefit our clients and our world. A sampling of campaign themes include supporting family farms, promoting network and IT security, and recruiting the next generation of educational leaders in Minnesota.
- Serve as primary client contact on a portfolio of media relations-intensive businesses.
- Develop earned media plans for a range of client movements, marketing campaigns and events.
- Pitch and secure stories with media contacts across all mediums (print, broadcast, online, etc.)
- Manage/supervise client interviews, desk-sides, events and media tour execution, including planning, logistics and recaps.
- Write and edit an array of communications materials, including news releases, collateral materials, pitches, speeches, presentations, and blog posts.
- Provide earned media counsel to account teams, clients and new business prospects.
- Immerse self in clients’ industries, brands and past media coverage.
- Coach junior-level staff members and expose them to media contact list.
- Own relationships with key media.
- Handle development of client/spokesperson media training; able to train independently if necessary.
- Display a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensuring stellar results for our clients.
- Continually forward the agency mission: To tell the stories of pioneers who are making a difference in the world.
- 4-6 years of heavy media relations experience, including experience working with consumer and B2B/technology brands.
- Established relationships with key media contacts across all mediums (print, broadcast, online, etc.).
- Must have expertise in digital media world, including earned media achieved throughout blogs, utilizing Facebook and Twitter, etc.
- Stellar writing skills.
- Experience with online media database, such as Vocus.
- Successful track record of managing media relations campaigns.
- Intellectual curiosity and analytical focus; up-to-date knowledge of current events and media trends.
- Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings.
- Healthy sense of humor and out-of-bounds creativity.
- Tremendously organized with outstanding time management and project management skills.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter detailing why you feel you’re a fit for this position to email@example.com. No calls please.