Global consulting firm in Chicago seeks Communications Manager for global enterprise. Work closely with senior partners, CEO and COO. Develop and execute firm’s external media relations campaigns, communications strategy and content. Position the company and its partners as industry experts. Leverage company’s leadership by promoting unique content that is a benchmark for its business.
Evolving role. Candidate will help shape position in conjunction with corporate needs. High opportunity for growth.
Competitive salary, performance driven incentive bonus, and excellent benefits. Entrepreneurial work environment driven by intellectual rigor and strong work ethic. Creativity and innovative thinking welcomed. Headquartered in Chicago with offices in five cities.
- Bachelor’s degree required (preferably in journalism)
- 3-5 years’ communications experience, strong writing and PR skills.
- Experience working in consulting, professional services, legal, real estate or financial services.
- Earlier experience as reporter/writer/PR account executive, a plus.
- Able to communicate effectively with and build consensus among members of C-suite management, senior consultants and external parties, including public relations firms and reporters.
- Excellent time management, organization, planning skills, and work ethic.
- Mastery of MS Office as well as Adobe desktop publishing and graphics applications (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Public Relations-write press releases and pitch, mostly to industry trades and professional associations.
- Website content and management.
- Event Planning/Organization including international conferences and seminars. Source and interview speakers for panel presentations. Create content and oversee production of printed materials and white papers.
- Vendor, associations, and other third party relationship-building and management.
- Assist with content development, results analysis, production of global and regional survey reports, and internal and external communications
- Pitch survey results, and whitepapers to major business, industry, and trade media, in addition, track editorial calendars and enhance reporter relationships.
- Monitor global industry publications for trends, competitive intelligence, and media placement.
- Manage graphic design, production, hard copy and electronic distribution for collateral materials (brochures, newsletters, thought leadership publications).
When applying: Please refer to the [job title and reference number] in your subject line.
Please forward your resume as a .doc and detailed cover letter with your current salary. Send materials to Lynn Hazan, Lynn Hazan & Associates, CommMger@lhazan.com. We appreciate a follow up call at 312.863.5401. Your follow up will make a difference.