Exciting opportunity to work in the WNBA. The Minnesota Lynx seek energetic, can-do assistants during the 2012 WNBA season (May - October) to work within the team's public relations department. Responsibilities in the fast-paced environment include, but not limited to, the following: working Lynx home games and preparing materials for the media, filing and recording press clippings, assisting with team's community news program and other projects as needed. Job includes some weekend work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in Lynx game-day in-arena media setup and take down
- Assist with game-night media hospitality
- Produce and deliver visiting team media packets
- Provide media and teams with statistical and press content
- Monitor and record local media coverage
- Search all print media for Timberwolves content, distributing to staff and updating player/personnel files
- Deliver content for team's community newspaper program
- Must be at least a junior or senior in college
- Communications major (public relations, journalism, etc.) and/or sports information experience preferred
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to multi-task under time constraints
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to work with a wide variety of people
- Strong writing & communications skills necessary
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- As needed to meet Qualifications and/or Experience.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 10 pounds.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to learn quickly on the job
- Ability to follow direction
- Able to perform entry level tasks with direct supervision
- Able to balance multiple projects with direction from supervisor
- Contributes to the departments success
- Works effectively in a team environment
- Practices honesty and maturity and respect for other's time and jobs
- Works to do whatever they need to do to get the job done
- Communicates in a professional manner
- Provides exceptional customer service to fans and our staff
- Listens and probes others to learn as much as possible
- Maintains confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to make sound decisions within position
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Are you able to work nights, weekends, and holidays?
2. Do you have strong written and communication skills?
3. Are you able to work with a wide varity of people?
Apply online now.