Position Summary: Olson PR is searching for an energetic, self-starter to fill the role of Account Supervisor in a fast-paced, creative agency environment. Our ideal Account Supervisor will have five to seven years of PR agency experience in the consumer space, have strong strategic thinking, writing/editing and presentation skills, a very strong media relations background, a hunger to experiment and integrate traditional and social media channels, and a commitment to deliver timely results for our blue-chip clients.
Connection Is All That Counts.
· Drives day-to-day activity with Client projects and serves as day-to-day client contact
· Maintains strong relationships with key journalists and bloggers and is highly effective at crafting and pitching a compelling story
· Plans, writes and edits stand-out media strategies, materials and pitches
· Supervises PR Account Executive, Assistant Account Executives and Interns to ensure that the team is delivering top notch work
· Creates and manages press events and campaign-related events
· Works closely with PR Account Director to contribute to the Client strategic direction and insight, developing short- and long-term PR plans and subsequent goals and measurement requirements
· Identifies and manages Client problems such as client/agency relations, budgets, etc.
· Drives execution of approved programs
· Interfaces with Project Management for vendor oversight to coordinate the design, production and completion of Client projects on time and on budget
- Liaises with Holistic Agency Account Team to ensure seamless integration with broader marketing plans
- Strives to grow current account business
- Provides timely and comprehensive updates and reports of current activities, plans and future developments
- Ensures that Clients are receiving the highest level of service, value and creative thinking from the agency
Knowledge and Skills:
- All AAE/AE/SAE skills and the following:
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills; presentation experience
- Exceptional media relations skills and desire to find creative ways to secure coverage and create news on behalf of clients
- Exceptional management and mentoring skills
- Ability to interact with and gain the trust of senior clients
- Ability to provide strategic communications, business and marketing recommendations
- Extensive knowledge of both the marketing communications business and client business
- High-level decision making skill and abilities
- Understands organizational dynamics and use this understanding to best serve the client and agency
- Understanding of an agency as a business and ability to run accounts profitably
- Demonstrated passion for the public relations industry and a track record of enthusiasm for clients
Education & Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree, preferably in public relations, journalism or communications, or equivalent industry experience.
- 5 - 7 years of related professional work experience. Extensive agency experience almost always necessary. If not, experience working in-house to execute internal/external communications and public relations plans, knowledge of sales and marketing, journalism and/or broadcasting, and business management preferable. Demonstrates knowledge of and passion for the industry, trustworthiness and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Ability to travel is required.