Continues to build on AE skills with stronger client management and strategy skills, and assists the AS to ignite brand communities and thus grow the account. The SAE’s focus should be on flawless management of day-to-day account business allowing the AS and AD to focus on strategy, planning, senior-level relationships and client growth. SAE’s should also begin to add value through proactive and strategic thinking.
Connection Is All That Counts.
- Has mastered AE-level skills.
- Along with AS, manage all day-to-day business of the account, including managing projects, developing and executing media relations strategies and planning and coordinating events.
- Maintains strong, day-to-day relationships with clients.
- Maintain strong relationships with media contacts.
- Participates, and in some cases, leads the planning process and strategy development for client campaigns and projects.
- Helps AS develop and manage budgets, forecasting and profitability, and manages client billing.
- Manages multiple projects for multiple clients - from brief development to final execution - working closely with other disciplines, especially project management.
- Collaborates with all disciplines within the agency to produce effective and results-oriented campaigns.
- Research trends and proactively advance ideas for increased visibility for clients.
- Develops and edits a wide range of communications materials, including press releases, pitches, speeches and key client correspondence.
- Is willing to step out of assigned role to assist other team members, as needed.
Education & Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Mass Communications, Journalism or related field.
- Four to seven years of public relations experience (2-3 years of previous agency experience preferred).
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Excellent media relations skills with business/trade and social media.
- Impeccable time management and prioritization skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and customer-service skills.
- Ability to motivate, lead and manage account executives and junior support teams.
- Possesses ability to think strategically and provides creative solutions.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment.