Job DescriptionSCHERMER, one of the nation’s leading B2B marketing agencies is looking for a Project Manager to work on branding, advertising, demand generation and digital marketing programs for some of the countries top B2B companies and brands. You will be a critical component of the agency’s operations and delivery team, working as the hub between account, creative and digital services to make sure they all get what they need, and then get it done on time, on budget and on brand. You will work with the VP of Operations to keep an eye on budgets, an eye on the progress of your team, and an eye out for trouble – before it happens.
The primary role of the project manager is to ensure that creative deliverables are delivered according to the client’s timing and budget expectations, while maintaining agency quality and profitability. This role involves a mastery of time, process, people and resource management skills. The project manager is responsible for keeping projects on task and time during every step of a project’s process, from scoping to sourcing thru production.They are the hub and conduit of information between the account team and client, and the agency’s practices and specialties. They ensure all areas within the agency are working in tandem to make sure that our projects aredelivered as defined and scoped.
Along with the VP of Agency Operations, you'll make sure that the right people are in the right place at the right time to enable the agency to produce GREAT work—on time, on budget and as efficiently as possible. You will manage brand, advertising and digital projects from inception to completion, working with account and creative team leads to develop the scope of work based on budgetary, functional and business requirements, and to hit commitments to each other and our clients.
You are demanding, but never, ever unfairly or rude.You are a bulldog with a heart. You care for your clients and teams, but realize that those people can be their own worst enemies and continually need both a carrot and a stick to succeed. You live by a to-do list and can make others live by it as well. People who improvise, don’t hit their dates or arrive late to meetings drive you crazy. But that only happens with you once. Once.
You will be the client’s daily contact on tactical project elements as well, often involved in creating deliverables such as presentations, decks, schedules, timelines, budgets, calendars, resource allocations, and more. You will participate in project scoping, budget formation, project scheduling, resource management and monitoring, production and traffic management, and quality control. It's a lot of hats, but for the person who loves bringing process and people together to deliver success, it's the perfect job and a chance to be a daily superhero.
Desired Skills & ExperienceSkill Set:
- Superb leadership/interpersonal abilities
- Excellent time management skills (PMI training would be great)
- Clear and concise communicator both verbally and inwriting (for internal teams and clients)
- Innovative problem solver
- Basic math and "accounting" skills required to keep estimate and monitor project profitably
- Expert in managing digital/web and traditionalmarketing communications workflows
- Proficient in Mac OS
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word andPowerpoint)
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (CS5) andAcrobat Pro
- Familiarity with budgeting/planning software (suchas Clients & Profits, Workamajig), and workflow software (such as OmniPlan or Microsoft Project)
- Previous agency experience manadatory (5-7 years)
- Master of print, video, digital production procedures, tools and processes
- Understanding or experience in advertising media purchasing and trafficking
- Previous experience managing B2B demand generation campaigns and components
(i.e. email, direct mail, print / digital adv, collateral, webinars, case studies, all driving to a digital destination)
- Previous experience managing web/interactive and video/motion graphics projects
(i.e. web/microsites, search andsocial, mobile ads and apps, and online media)
- Experience sourcing, estimating and managing internal resources and external partners for both printand digital projects
Company DescriptionSCHERMER is a Minneapolis-based, globally-focused B2B-focused marcom and interactive agency that drives brand demand for clients such as Best Buy For Business, Datacard, HBFuller, Teradata, Toro, Wells Fargo and more. We have been recognized by BtoBMagazine as a Top Agency for the past four years and a Top Interactive Agencyfor the past two. We were honored by Inc. Magazine as one of the fastest growing 5000 private companies for the past two years and were #5 on theMpls/St. Paul Business Journal’s Fast 50 fastest growing private companies in 2011.
We believe B2B can, and should be, creative and innovative, as well as smart and strategic. And our culture and growing team reflects it. Join us in our quest to become the best B2B marketing agency in the nation.
Apply online now.