Founded in 1914, Dunwoody College of Technology is a private, not-for-profit, endowed institution of higher education. It is one of the few institutions of its kind in the nation, and has been a champion of applied education throughout its history. Its’ mission is to provide students with a high-quality technical education that results in an immediate job and a fulfilling career.
Located in the Lowry Hill neighborhood next to downtown Minneapolis, Dunwoody College offers bachelor’s and associate’s degrees in a variety of technical fields. The College maintains strong ties to local business and industry and values a diverse faculty, support staff, and student body and their unique contributions to an inclusive Dunwoody community. As articulated by our founder William Hood Dunwoody, the College's vision is to provide "for all time" a place where people of diverse backgrounds receive learning opportunities that prepare them for "the better performance of life's duties."
Dunwoody College of Technology currently has the need for a Marketing & Communications Specialist within the Marketing Department. The Marketing & Communications Specialist supports the Manager of Marketing & Communications by creating written, photo and video content for use across a wide range of platforms for a variety of key audiences. This position also supports the Manager of Marketing & Communications in the planning and implementation of marketing activities and external and internal communications activities. Engages in activities that generate tangible inquiries that ultimately result in the enrollment of students at the College. Tells the good stories of the College, including its students, faculty, employees and alumni.
· Develop, write and edit stories, news releases and informational items for: the Dunwoody College Newsroom blog, social media platforms, web pages, e-newsletters, brochures, alumni newsletters, annual report and more
· Shoot and edit editorial photography to accompany stories and items for both electronic and print platforms, including both staged and event photography
· Produce, shoot and edit short (and possibly longer) videos for use online and on other platforms.
· Update the college website and social media accounts.
· Post and distribute college news releases.
· Assist in content updates of marketing and communications collateral.
· Assist in the preparation of marketing activity reports.
· Conduct environmental scanning of higher education marketing and communications efforts and materials.
· Assist in the design and execution of web marketing strategy, including web analytics.
· Work collaboratively with Admissions department to achieve conversion goals (lead to student enrollment) and ensure a seamless experience for prospective students that consistently supports value proposition that Dunwoody offers.
· Assist in planning for and provide support at major campus events including Commencement.
· Assist in working with graphic design professionals to create infographics, print and electronic projects (such as invitations) and other projects requiring illustration and/or layout.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Commitment to Dunwoody’s Mission – Works to provide a high-quality education experience for our students. Actively supports our commitment to a college culture that demonstrates mutual respect, trust, and collaboration. Demonstrates a commitment to community service. Exhibits good stewardship of college resources and facilities.
· Drives High Performance Through Continuous Improvement – Demonstrates flexibility, is adaptable to change, and strives for continuous improvement. Actively seeks out solutions to problems. Works with a sense of urgency. Provides feedback upward and laterally, and makes recommendations for alternative ways of doing things. Continually challenges self to improve and perform job better.
· Demonstrates Accountability for Actions – Takes ownership of personal performance and development. Accomplishes assigned objectives. Honestly assesses self and can accurately articulate strengths and developmental needs. Seeks out feedback and advice from supervisor and peers, and takes action on both positive and constructive feedback.
· Building Effective Relationships – Seeks out and responds to others appropriately. Communicates clearly and succinctly with peers and leadership. Acts maturely and professionally when faced with conflict. Actively listens to understand and asks for clarification when necessary. Builds trust with others and establishes rapport. Displays and exhibits appropriate and professional body language.
· Bachelor’s degree with a marketing, communications, journalism or filmmaking emphasis.
· 2-5 years of demonstrated knowledge and experience in marketing communications, journalism and/or public relations.
· Strong storytelling skills required – this position requires the ability to put together a coherent, compelling narrative.
· Strong writing and editing skills required, including the ability to write to different audiences and for different platforms.
· Strong basic photography skills.
· Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop.
· Proficiency with basic videography including editing (advanced skills, including proficiency with Final Cut Pro, preferred).
· Familiarity with key social media platforms (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, YouTube).
· Familiarity with basic HTML and CSS as well as WordPress and/or other CMS/blogging platforms and basic web analytics is desired.
· Proficiency with Mac OSX is desired.
· Basic proficiency with other Adobe Creative Suite programs, especially InDesign, is desired.
· Previous experience in higher education or similar type of nonprofit organization is a plus. Passion for telling student stories is a big plus.
· A portfolio of both writing and photography work is required. Photo portfolio does not have to be paid work. Videography portfolio is highly desired.
Interested candidates must apply online at https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=1433441.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Dunwoody College of Technology is an equal opportunity employer.