The Marketing Communications Intern will gain experience in a wide range of marketing and public relations strategies to support the goals and objectives the Marketing and Business Development departments. There will be opportunities to take part in the coordination and execution of projects designed to promote use of MGEX futures and options contracts and to help maintain a positive image of the Exchange.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of the MGEX website
- Lead the department’s viral marketing efforts
- Assist with development of MGEX newsletters, literature and collateral materials
- Proofread and edit departmental correspondence, brochures, reports and educational materials
- Assist the Real Estate Department with marketing initiatives and objectives
- Assist the Marketing and Business Development departments to facilitate updates and delivery of daily, weekly and monthly reports to various media, industry and MGEX member and employee recipients
- Respond to incoming calls, emails and written requests for information
- Maintain the MGEX research and marketing databases
- Assist in communication efforts including special events planning, news media press briefings, news releases and interviews, advertising and communications campaigns to support the objectives of the organization
- Assist with media mailings and coordination of special events
MGEX is looking for a sophomore or junior pursuing a degree in Journalism, Advertising, Marketing, Public Relations or related field. Strong oral and written communications skills, copy reading and editing experience and computer skills are a must. Basic design and web experience are required. Applicant must have experience and general understanding of the following: Microsoft Suite including Outlook, Word, Publisher, Xcel; Adobe software including InDesign and Photoshop; web experience including application and content posting via preferred software; twitter, Facebook and other social networking sites; HTML experience is a plus but not required. Other required qualifications include: ability to be self-motivated and resourceful; ability to work independently and as part of a group; ability to manage multiple priorities; ability to meet strict deadlines; strong organizational skills; a basic understanding of futures and options markets is a plus, but not required.
$11/hour, up to 24 hours/week
To apply: Send resume, cover letter, references and 2-3 writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.