Padilla SpeerBeardsley, an integrated communications firm based in Minneapolis with an office in New York, is seeking an experienced leader for our crisis, critical issues and media relations team. A minimum of 15 years of experience in this field is required.
Candidates also must have:
· Expertise in crisis communications and critical issues management.
· Deep knowledge of and broad experience with news media across a range of sectors as well as with the blogosphere.
· Exceptional training and presentation skills.
· Exceptional written and verbal communications skills.
· Business development skills, including networking, prospecting, proposal development, client relationship development and thought leadership marketing.
· Demonstrated ability to manage and execute all phases of a crisis or critical issue.
· Experience supervising, managing and developing a high functioning team.
Key responsibilities include:
· Building strong relationships with peers, partners and clients.
· Managing project budgets and work quality.
· Seeking new business and networking opportunities.
· Participating in new business pitches.
· Managing media relations functions in our Twin Cities offices and advising when appropriate for our New York office.
· Managing and developing staff.
· Managing crisis response team.
To be successful in this position, the candidate must be able to prioritize multiple demands on his/her time, while effectively managing staff and leading clients.
This leader will be expected to grow and support existing clients by consistently delivering excellent client service, and meeting challenges on time and within budget. We measure progress by client retention, revenue growth and business development.
Padilla is a multispecialty firm with experts in integrated marketing communications, corporate reputation, investor relations, employee communications and crisis/critical issues management. We serve clients from a variety of industries, including agriculture, consumer products, financial services, health care, manufacturing, retail and technology. All areas of the firm draw upon the capabilities of our research team.
We’re strategic. We deliver results. We have fun. And we’re seeking entrepreneurial individuals who want to grow with us.
Padilla is an employee-owned firm and Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer an exceptional work environment and benefits, which contributed to our recognition as the nation’s “Top Agency to Work For” in 2010. We’re a founding partner of the Worldcom Public Relations Group, a consortium of 100 independently owned partner offices in 133 cities on six continents.