Roepke Public Relations has a small but mighty, downtown Minneapolis PR firm that provides global media relations. We are publicists who work full time with press across numerous industries and time zones. Our work depends on our ability to meet frequent, immediate and unpredictable deadlines, while supporting our clients and journalists. We deal with countless personalities and although most are wonderful, at times we deal with the rude and arrogant. As publicists, we serve. Our clients expect a lot from us and we deliver. No two days are the same.
We have a high-energy, collaborative environment that is slightly quirky and unconventional. We value integrity, dependability, ethics, loyalty, motivation, diversity and a positive attitude. Our firm has been recognized and honored for our commitment to community service and a corporate vision that supports volunteer activities.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated team player possessing the ability to work effectively under pressure and handle multiple clients simultaneously within a variety of industry sectors. Consumer lifestyle experience beneficial.
Required skills and attributes:
- BA or BS in journalism, public relations, communications or related field.
- A minimum of five years PR agency experience pitching national print and broadcast media or a seasoned journalist who has dealt with pitches from PR agencies.
- Social media strategy experience.
- Team oriented, warm, engaging and diplomatic personality.
- Superb written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent client services skills.
- Ability to multitask, anticipate needs, switch gears and react immediately.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to communicate with energy and confidence.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Craft and edit written press material; including press releases, media alerts, and requests for coverage that adheres to The Associated Press style guidelines.
- Research and prepare strategically targeted media lists and editorial calendars using tools provided by the company.
- Develop and maintain working relationship with various sectors of the media; meet tight media and client deadlines.
- Secure broadcast, print and online editorial coverage for clients of the agency.
- Prepare and assist clients for all media correspondence and interviews.
- Handle multiple clients simultaneously, within a variety of sectors.
- Managing and mentoring assistant account executives.
Our firm has been recognized and honored for our commitment to community service and a corporate vision that supports volunteer activities.
Please forward resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com