The purpose of this position is to provide marketing and public relations support for multiple areas, including media outreach, advertising coordination, print and online marketing material creation and distribution, and other duties as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Coordinate Media Outreach Efforts
- Write and distribute press releases
- Maintain media contact database
- Follow-up with reporters and editors
- Maintain press clippings archives
- Work collaboratively with publicity interns on the items above
- Implement annual advertising plan
- Work with graphic design intern, and under the supervision of the Director of Communication and Public Relations, to create artwork
- Submit and track insertion orders, contracts and invoices
- Maintain advertising and video archives
- Maintain content on agency websites
- Oversee agency mass e-mail process and distribution
- Help develop social media strategy and implement schedule of updates with the assistance of publicity interns
- Contribute regular blog posts
- Write and edit content for quarterly newsletters, annual report, editorial and feature stories and other agency information as needed
- Edit and distribute monthly e-newsletters for Community- and School- based Programs
- Provide writing and editing support to all agency departments (print, online, presentations, etc.)
- Assist with fundraising event programs, including creating and running event PowerPoint presentations and editing event materials
- Create and distribute press kits, Everyday Advocate Team information kits and other outreach materials as needed
- Track status of invoices for printed materials
- Maintain stock of marketing/promotional materials, distribute to staff as needed, track supplies and re-order promotional items as needed
- Order agency stationery, including staff business cards
- Organize and maintain invoices
Develop and maintain sensitivity to employee diversity in the workplace. Behave in ways that demonstrate respectful treatment of other employees and clients. Develop cultural competence related to the services provided by the agency. Build community support for the organization by recruiting volunteers and helping to raise money.
The incumbent reports to the Director of Communications and Public Relations. Interns may report to the incumbent.
Laptop computer, telephone, photocopier and a variety of office machines and equipment.
Minimum Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, journalism, communication, English or a related field, and two years related experience, or a combination of equivalent experience and training.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Superior writing and editing skills, including knowledge of AP Style.
- Web content management and social media experience.
- Print management experience required. Publication design and layout skills preferred.
- Ability to cultivate relationships and work effectively with internal and external constituents.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and to ensure work is error-free and produced within deadlines.
- Ability to anticipate issues, remember details and coordinate work with others.
- Knowledge of and ability to use technical resources to effectively accomplish work.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Web-based applications. Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
- Experience with database marketing and list management preferred.
This position requires extensive use of the telephone, the e-mail system and the computer.
The above statements are not intended to encompass all functions and qualifications of this position. Rather, they are intended to provide a general framework of the requirements of the position. Job incumbents may be required to perform other functions not specifically addressed in this job description.
How to Apply:
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Barbara Alfrey, Director of Human Resources & Volunteer Services firstname.lastname@example.org