West St. Paul - Mendota Heights - Eagan Area Schools, also known as Independent School District 197 is now accepting applications for an experienced and highly successful leader for the position of Director of Communications.
ISD 197 is a close-knit community of schools located just south of Minneapolis and St. Paul. We serve all or parts of the communities of Eagan, Inver Grove Heights, Lilydale, Mendota, Mendota Heights, Sunfish Lake and West St. Paul. Our district serves approximately 4,500 students in its five elementary schools, two middle schools and high school through personalized learning plans, cutting edge technology, and active involvement of community partners.
This position is a cabinet level position that reports to the Superintendent of Schools and is responsible for researching, planning, directing and executing strategic communications and marketing programs that support the goals and mission of the School District and enhances the school district’s image in the community. It provides expert advice, training and/or workshops to the School Board, administrators and other staff and assists program leaders in communication efforts to address educational issues and decisions with their stake holders using innovative strategies and sources.
In addition, the Director of Communications plans, coordinates and evaluates the effectiveness of all district communications including web, video, print, speakers and community events and serves as the District liaison to the community by serving as the District’s chief spokesperson with the media and community organizations and assists the Superintendent in developing and implementing major information campaigns for district elections or events.
- BA in mass communications, marketing, journalism or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a public relations, communications or related area; experience in public education preferred.
- Skilled in use of technologies as it applies to communications and public relations, including graphic design, desktop publishing, hardware and software applications, video production, web design, and printing/duplicating techniques. Specific computer skills including Word, Photo Shop and InDesign required.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with students, staff, parents, and community.
- Successful track record as an innovator and change agent.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with others in both written and verbal form; skilled in public relations, community relations, marketing and media relations.
- Experience working in a professional capacity taking digital photographs.
- Experience working with diverse communities to foster a common vision for children and youth.
- Experience in grant writing applications and submissions.
85,000 – 92,000 DOQ plus a competitive benefits package
How to Apply
Complete the on-line application found at www.isd197.org. Please include a cover letter, resume and two letters of recommendation.
The application deadline for this position is June 8, 2012.