Proactively inform the public about the Osseo Area Schools. Establish and maintain cooperative and supportive relationships with the media, the community and employees.
- Write for a variety of audiences, purposes and formats, including websites, print/electronic newsletters, news releases and other materials.
- Develop and coordinate updates to district-level website, intranet content and social media outlets.
- Photograph programs and events for publications, recognition and district promotion.
- Develop an effective media relations program and work with media requests.
- Compile and effectively share news of student, staff, alumni, district and site achievements through varied and appropriate channels.
- Coordinate and implement various communications projects.
- Demonstrate cultural responsiveness in all communication.
- Publicize and manage on-site coordination for district events, ranging from Realtor programs to all-staff gatherings.
- Conduct research as needed.
- Work with school/community relations director to identify specific marketing goals; develop and implement targeted marketing plans to achieve those goals.
- Use a wide range of communications vehicles to market the Osseo Area Schools.
- Help identify and implement strategic marketing opportunities and partnerships.
- Ensure marketing initiatives are fully integrated into all other district communication activities.
- Help schools/sites improve the way they present themselves in print, online and in person.
- Coordinate research and data collection to drive marketing decisions and solicit feedback on the integrated marketing communications programs.
- Meet regularly with school/community relations director to set and monitor marketing and communications goals and objectives.
- Regularly assess district communication efforts to ensure that goals are being met and any necessary adjustments and improvements are made.
Knowledge and/or skills required for performance of essential functions of the job:
- Proficient in setting marketing and public relations strategy.
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and judgment skills. This includes the ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems; and to consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions in order to choose the most appropriate one.
- Proficient in the use of current technology required for the performance of duties, including social media, word processing, spreadsheet, presentation software.
Apply online by Sunday, May 27, 2012.
Letter of interest that outlines why you believe you are qualified for this position
From your previous work experience, please include:
Sample marketing plan (redacted versions are acceptable, to protect client confidentiality)
Sample news release
Sample employee communication
Get more information here.