Corporate Affairs Project Intern-WAY03821 Cargill is a unique place to grow your career, your experience and your abilities. Every day, we grow our reputation as a leading international producer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. We take pride in our global reach, ability to contribute, and strong work ethics and values. Founded in 1865, Cargill is a privately held company and employs 139,000 people in 65 countries with annual revenues in excess of $119 billion. Through innovation, creativity and teamwork, we are transforming entire markets and
We are seeking a summer intern to support initiatives of the Corporate Affairs, Brand and Marketing teams. Working under the direction of Corporate Affairs Leadership, the intern will have the primary responsibility to ensure that the project produces the required outcomes within the specified constraints of schedule, budget, and scope throughout all phases of the project. The Project Coordinator must also identify and qualify project team risks, issues and scope changes and make decisions on how to handle project issues. This role requires someone who can partner effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Reviews project objectives & scope and plans the course of action required including coordination/facilitation of planning meetings with requestor and project team. Documents Project Charter and project plan
- Coordinates with project resources to carry out the project implementation plan including status meetings, technical planning sessions/workshops, implementation status meetings
- Communicates project status and issues to manager
- Regularly measures and monitors project progress by tracking schedule and scope
- Documents general project process flows
Provide students with an interest in project work specifically in the Corporate Affairs/Brand & Marketing Services with an enriching opportunity to apply knowledge gained in the classroom to a business environment. As part of Cargill’s Corporate Affairs team, the intern will play an integral role by providing project management support for the company’s Corporate Affairs/Brand & Marketing Services functions. This position will have an opportunity to help create a Dashboard to create a key set of metrics for our function and for our top 250 leaders would identify with.
The projects will be substantive in nature and will create exposure to a variety of work in a global setting. Candidates will have the opportunity to:
- Gain immediate hands on work experience in one of the world’s largest privately held companies.
- Participate in orientation, mentoring relationships and other opportunities targeted toward development.
- Network with employees at a variety of levels and in a variety of functions within the organization.
- Receive regular feedback on job performance.
- Team oriented, fast-paced, and hands-on.
- Very collaborative culture in a global setting.
- Wayzata, Minnesota (note: this position will pay neither a housing allowance, subsidy nor reimburse for any relocation expenses).
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or currently enrolled as juniors or seniors in an accredited undergraduate program - all relevant majors considered.
- Demonstrated project management, collaboration and teamwork skills.
- Proven written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in public relations, community development, communications, sociology, political science, business administration, marketing or related field.
- Overall 3.2 GPA preferred.
- Self starter – demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Experience working with diverse cultures
Apply online now.