Responsible for the strategic development and execution of holistic, integrated public relations strategies and crisis communications for Kohl's corporate, business, philanthropic, seasonal and brand programs to maximize Kohl's opportunity with national, regional and local print, broadcast and online/digital media.
Public Relations Program Management
- Proactively develop and execute holistic, integrated, multi-phased public relations strategies for Kohl's corporate programs, including one and three year forward reaching strategies with measurable results. Manage all aspects of public relations campaigns, including seasonal, micro brand, sustainability, philanthropy, financial, grand opening and business strategy development. This includes managing collateral development national and regional media relations, crisis communications and other applicable public relations programs.
- Collaborates cross-functionally within PR/CR department and throughout the marketing organization to align public relations strategies that support holistic marketing and corporate programs.
- Develop strong relationships with external and internal supplier partners and manage the activities of public relations agencies as applicable.
- Develop digital and social media strategies that support all public relations programs. Collaborate cross-functionally with digital and social media teams to align and integrate strategies.
- Manages/forecasts all expenses to develop annual budget proposal as well as additional public relations programs
- Manage crisis media relations for all Kohl’s corporate, stores and markets. This includes thorough due diligence, preparing responses, coordinating with stores and securing senior-level input/alignment.
PR Strategic Development, Management and Execution
- Develop strong national, regional and local market media contacts in new and existing Kohl's markets to drive press coverage for the Kohl's brand.
- Manage staff and agency for all public relations activities relating to Kohl's programs.
- Conduct and leverage all industry research to drive programs and strategies.
- Contacts media for press and takes media calls; Coordinates media responses within the company from various departments and executives at all levels.
Management of associates
- Manages direct reports, systems and projects to achieve unit goals in accordance with Company policies and practices.
- Prepares and analyze unit plans and reports.
- Provides leadership by exhibiting influence and expertise, thus affecting the results of the operating area.
- Creates an effective work environment by developing a common vision, setting clear objectives, expecting teamwork, recognizing outstanding performance and maintaining open communications.
- Develops staff through coaching, providing performance feedback, providing effective performance assessments and establishing performance and development plans.
- Minimum of 7-10 years experience in public relations / journalism.
- Ability to manage multiple broad-based programs involving multiple components in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Superior communication skills, including writing and verbal; expert in AP writing guidelines, articulate speaker.
- Superior national and regional print, broadcast and online media relations.
- Must demonstrate extensive experience with broad-based strategy development and execution.
preferredAn understanding of the retail environment. Strong financial acumen with solid understanding of financial statements. (Mgr PR - Business)
Apply by e-mailing your resume to email@example.com