Northwestern Health Sciences University has an opening for a PR/communications intern. Must be an excellent writer, and have previous internship or work experience in a public relations, social media and/or media relations role. The ideal candidate will be a college junior/senior or recent college graduate with outstanding skills who is self-motivated and enthusiastic. This is a paid internship position, 30-40 hours per week, for 8-12 weeks, starting as soon as possible.
Join the community of caring at Northwestern. Here you’ll find outstanding faculty, dedicated staff and exceptional students, all committed to excellence in natural health care.
- Contribute to social media planning, strategy and execution, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube;
- Write press releases; assist in PR and media relations efforts;
- Write articles and features for website, publications and marketing collateral;
- Assist with marketing campaigns as needed; and
- Cover campus events, taking photos and video as appropriate. Must be available for occasional evening and weekend hours.
- Current junior or senior studying communications, journalism, marketing or related field OR recent college graduate, with degree in public relations, communications, marketing, or related program.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with others at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Familiarity with communications and journalistic standards, practices, and ethics.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Familiarity with Photoshop and media relations software (Cision, Vocus, etc.) desired.
- Previous experience and/or internship in communications field desired.
Salary: $10 per hour
To apply, please send cover letter, resume and two writing samples to Kate Martin, email@example.com.