DescriptionPosition Summary: Olson PR is searching for an energetic, self-starter to fill the role of Account Supervisor in a fast-paced, creative agency environment. Our ideal Account Supervisor will have five to seven years of PR agency experience in the consumer space, have strong strategic thinking, writing/editing and presentation skills, a very strong media relations background, a hunger to experiment and integrate traditional and social media channels, and a commitment to deliver timely results for our blue-chip clients.
Connection Is All That Counts.
• Drives day-to-day activity with Client projects and serves as day-to-day client contact
• Maintains strong relationships with key journalists and bloggers and is highly effective at crafting and pitching a compelling story
• Plans, writes and edits stand-out media strategies, materials and pitches
• Supervises PR Account Executive, Assistant Account Executives and Interns to ensure that the team is delivering top notch work
• Creates and manages press events and campaign-related events
• Works closely with PR Account Director to contribute to the Client strategic direction and insight, developing short- and long-term PR plans and subsequent goals and measurement requirements
• Identifies and manages Client problems such as client/agency relations, budgets, etc.
• Drives execution of approved programs
• Interfaces with Project Management for vendor oversight to coordinate the design, production and completion of Client projects on time and on budget
• Liaises with Holistic Agency Account Team to ensure seamless integration with broader marketing plans
• Strives to grow current account business
• Provides timely and comprehensive updates and reports of current activities, plans and future developments
• Ensures that Clients are receiving the highest level of service, value and creative thinking from the agency
Knowledge and Skills:
• All AAE/AE/SAE skills and the following:
• Exceptional written and verbal communications skills; presentation experience
• Exceptional media relations skills and desire to find creative ways to secure coverage and create news on behalf of clients
• Exceptional management and mentoring skills
• Ability to interact with and gain the trust of senior clients
• Ability to provide strategic communications, business and marketing recommendations
• Extensive knowledge of both the marketing communications business and client business
• High-level decision making skill and abilities
• Understands organizational dynamics and use this understanding to best serve the client and agency
• Understanding of an agency as a business and ability to run accounts profitably
• Demonstrated passion for the public relations industry and a track record of enthusiasm for clients
Education & Minimum Qualifications:
• Bachelor degree, preferably in public relations, journalism or communications, or equivalent industry experience.
• 5 - 7 years of related professional work experience. Extensive agency experience almost always necessary. If not, experience working in-house to execute internal/external communications and public relations plans, knowledge of sales and marketing, journalism and/or broadcasting, and business management preferable. Demonstrates knowledge of and passion for the industry, trustworthiness and an entrepreneurial spirit.
• Ability to travel is required.
Apply online now.