|Job Description:||This is a PAID intern
position which REQUIRES either an academic credit or fulfillment of an
academic requirement. It will run from approximately June 2012 to
9/1/2012. Hours and schedule may vary and may include up to 20 hours a
This position will:
1) Assist in planning for outreach events and opportunities
2) Assist in the production and editing of short videos for the department?s social media
3) Assist in monthly taping of the department?s education conversations cable TV show at the CTV north suburb studio.
4) Manage the office?s contact list of reporters and various media outlets.
|Minimum Qualifications:||To be eligible for an Internship, you must meet the following requirements:
1) You must be a student at an accredited educational institution; AND
2) Your advisor must certify that you will either receive academic credit or fulfill an academic requirement. The signature of a sponsoring academic instructor is required prior to beginning an Internship.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required:
1) Good writing and editing skills
2) Skill and experience in digital video production, filming (especially experience in filming candid/live action video), editing and finishing
3) Self-motivated with an interest in serving an educational organization
4) Team player with ability to meet deadlines and follow through on long term projects.
|Preferred Qualifications:||Major in Journalism and/or Communications
Experience with outreach and event planning
|Selection Process:||The selection process is a
resume-based, skill-matching process. Resumes of all applicants to this
posting will be evaluated against the Minimum Qualifications stated
above. If your skills match the required skills for this position, the
department may contact you.
If you have already submitted a resume to this database within the last 12 months that clearly identifies your knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience, you do not need to submit another.
|How to Apply:||Most State selection processes utilize a resume-based screening process. You will be contacted by agency staff if your background best matches the selection criteria on this job posting. To apply for this position, click the APPLY box found at the bottom of this job announcement. For additional information about the State?s selection process, go to http://www.careers.state.mn.us/job-tip or click here.|