Roles and Responsibilities:
- Campaign Coordination
- Assist with the implementation of the Driven to Discover campaign and all of its elements, work with outside agency and vendors to facilitate work
- Coordinate various marketing projects to assist communicators, campuses and other departments and units across the U of M system with integrating the U brand into their marketing and communications
- Serve as coordinator with other University Relations departments: Creative Services, Internal Communications and News Service as well as Government Relations, college communicators, University of Minnesota Foundation, Minnesota Medical Foundation, and other University departments to keep them informed about and engaged in various marketing activities
- Track campaign spending and department budget
- Brand Management
- Provide consultation for internal and external customers and review use of University brand assets to ensure they comply with graphic standards
- Monitor for external trademark violations and work with the Office of the General Counsel to prohibit unauthorized use of the University’s marks
- Lead graphic standards update process as necessary
- State Fair Planning
- Overall responsibility for the University’s building at the Minnesota State Fair
- Facilitate planning meetings with collegiate and other U of M system unit representatives
- Handle all details related to the University’s presence at the fair including facilities projects, giveaways, coordination of stage programs and building exhibits, print and electronic promotion of all activities, budget tracking, and annual evaluation
- Administer Filming On Campus Process
- Establish, maintain and strengthen relationships with University stakeholders such as Real Estate, General Counsel, Parking and Transportation and Facilities Management to ensure all appropriate parties are contacted and aware of filming on campus
- Process proper paperwork to ensure University’s interests and reputation are protected
· Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, communications or journalism.
· 3-5 years progressively more responsible administrative experience, preferably in a large, complex organization, to include coordinating multifaceted communications/marketing projects.
· 3-5 years marketing/advertising experience.
· Strong verbal/written communication skills.
· Ability to juggle multiple tasks.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Exceptional project management skills.
· Ability to facilitate work of various departments to accomplish common goals.
· Extremely detail-oriented.
· Budget experience.