The Communications and Events Manager (listed as Customer Interface Manager) is responsible for increasing public awareness of the work of Girl Scouts of Minnesota and Wisconsin River Valleys through special events, publications and online outreach targeting organizational goals for Fund Development, the board, and the leadership and staff of the organization. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement engaging events.
- Formulate/deliver an effective communications plan to support the goals of Fund Development, Administration and organization-wide initiatives.
- Conceptualize events, maintain budgets, recruit and manage volunteers, collaborate with internal/external customers to produce web content, effectively target volunteer and member audiences through social media, write engaging print and web content, manage staff and contractors, edit materials of contractors and colleagues.
- B.A., B.S. or B.F.A. with a specialization in Events Planning, Web Design, Visual Communications, 3D Design, Writing or Marketing preferred.
- Minimum of five years of practical experience in events management, project management or related experience required.
- Excellent independent decision-making skills and strong resourcefulness.
- Excellent technical computer skills in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook. Familiarity with Adobe Acrobat, Adobe CS and WordPress. Willingness to learn new computer software, especially InDesign, Photoshop and web content management software.
- Must have access to personal transportation on a daily basis for business travel, valid driver's license and proof of insurance.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends, as required by position responsibilities.
Note: As a River Valleys member, employees will do their best to think speak and act in ways that ensure everyone across the council feels they belong and can meaningfully participant in all aspects of Girl Scouting regardless of ability, age, culture, education, ethnicity, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, and socio-economic status.
To apply, click here.