Life Time Fitness, The Healthy Way of Life Company, is seeking an experienced, highly-motivated and talented communications professional to join our Corporate and Member Communications team. This Public Relations Coordinator will assist with the implementation of public and media relations initiatives that support Life Time, its businesses, products, services and events.
This position will support the tactical execution of all public and media relations strategies necessary to: (1) Promote Life Time as The Healthy Way of Life Company, (2) Drive new member acquisition, connectivity, engagement and retention, and (3) Facilitate ongoing reporting of public and media relations results.
Examples of Work Performed
- Manage incoming media inquiries (reactive) and proactively pitch the news media on Life Time destinations, people and programs to secure coverage, while coordinating and conducting resulting interviews.
- Draft media relations pitches, press releases and press kit materials for approval.
- Assist in the execution of media tours and other media-related events (i.e., grand openings, on-site media opportunities, in-club events, etc.).
- Facilitate daily media monitoring and coverage reporting, build media lists and maintain contact databases.
Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or public relations
· Minimum experience:
· Three years of proven, public relations experience and at least two years in client management experience.
· Excellent writing skills, including writing news releases, case histories and feature articles.
· Proven proactive media relations experience, including developing and pitching story ideas to editors, working knowledge of media search databases, and facilitating media interviews.
· Excellent public speaking skills.
· Experience developing and monitoring public relations strategies and initiatives.
· Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
· Outstanding organizational and project management skills.
· Ability to write persuasive copy.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills with a high attention to detail.
- Ability to operate a personal computer.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction, while also functioning and contributing as part of a team.
- Proactive, energetic personality; inquiring, investigative mind.
- Ability to define problems, collect and analyze data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and recommend solutions.
- Knowledge of and proven success in designing and implementing results-oriented public relations strategies, best practices and procedures.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment.
Physical / Mental Requirements and Working Conditions
Work is performed in an office setting. This position is required to regularly:
1. Talk and hear.
2. Read, write, type and comprehend text.
3. Observe objects up close and at a distance.
4. Effectively communicate and interact with others.
5. Use reasoning and solve problems through deduction.