Interns at Risdall Public Relations are exposed to the full range of public relations responsibilities in an entrepreneurial environment. You’ll help clients (and our agency) establish their brands and reputations among their key audiences to achieve results that matter. Visit www.risdallpublicrelations.com for more on our people, capabilities, industries and successes.
As one division of a full-service, independent marketing group, Risdall Public Relations leverages unique access to broader resources such as one of the Midwest’s largest web/online marketing agencies, a dedicated research/strategy team, and full in-house traditional and digital creative resources.
An intern typically will write and proofread news releases, case studies and collateral pieces, research industries and issues, contribute to social media editorial calendars and content, create lists of media and online influencers, follow up with media and online influencers, assist with special events, etc.
· A bachelor’s degree or current student status studying public relations, communications, journalism, English or related studies.
· Completion of one or more internships within the communications field.
· Strong writing and editing skills required.
· Passion for online/digital communications, including active social media engagement.
Experience and Skills:
· Working knowledge of AP Style and PR writing as well as ability to research, write, proof, report, general event assistance.
· Exceptional attention to detail.
· Demonstrated flexibility in working on multiple projects and tasks.
· Effective time management; ability to balance workload between accounts and account staff to ensure that all work is accurate and completed within established deadlines.
· Beginning education regarding budgets, planning.
· Beginning vendor management.
· Continually updating project managers and account teams on progress of activities; participate in account status meetings.
· Strong show of initiative in learning all areas of agency expertise.
· General office assistance
Internships at RPR last three months, typically at 20-40 hours/week, with an option for renewal thereafter. To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with subject line RPR Intern Application.