Hours - approximately 20 per week, flexible within the 8am - 4:30 pm work day.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist with developing content and graphics for the city's publications and website.
2. Write and edit news releases.
3. Provide support for departments in writing, designing, and publishing in-house publications such as brochures and articles.
4. Provide support for departments by writing/proofing/editing information to be posted on the city's website so that the website remains updated and relevant.
5. Monitor/maintain the city's photo library.
6. Work with city employees as directed to ensure that accurate information is disseminated in response to public and media inquiries.
7. Develop content for the city's Intranet site.
8. Perform other duties as directed.
• Must have completed at least two years of an accredited journalism, English or communications program
• Knowledge of journalism and marketing techniques which provide a basis for reaching specific targeted audiences
• Skill in the use of computer equipment and software including word processing (Microsoft Word) and desktop publishing (Adobe InDesign)
• Skill in proper grammar, sentence structure, paragraphing, punctuation and spelling
• Excellent ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing
• Ability to work independently, providing self-direction
• Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with the general public, all elected officials, staff and outside agencies
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Working toward an undergraduate or graduate degree in journalism, English, communications or a related field
• Computer experience with Windows XP Professional
• Design skills and working knowledge of Adobe InDesign
• Experience with Web administration tools
• Experience with HTML
• Working knowledge of photography
Apply online now.